• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transport from Biarritz/Bayonne -> Santiago

currentlykmac

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi Camino Friends- Does anyone have a recommendation on a company to transport a suitcase from Biarritz OR Bayonne to Santiago? I will be staying in both Biarritz and Bayonne a few days before I head to SJPDP. I will be arriving in SJPP on a Sunday afternoon but was hoping to have this taken care of before arriving in SJPP if possible. Suggestions on to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You MIGHT be able to work something out with Express Bourricot in Saint Jean Pied de Port (SJPdP). I know that they offer pickups and rides from Bayonne to SJPdP. They also offer very good baggage transportation direct from SJPdP to Santiago.

You MIGHT be able to hand over the baggage to them at Bayonne, then have them ship it to Santiago, via SJPdP. It won't necessarily be cheap, but it will be the BEST.

Hope this helps.

Tom

HI @currentlykmac You probably know that it's usually easier (and less expensive) to send baggage 'within' Spain, rather than from France to Spain.

If you have a few days in Biarritz and Bayonne (how wonderful), it would be quite easy to take the train to Hendaye (about 30 mins) then next door the 'metro' to Irun (about 5 mins) and send from Correos (post office) in Irun. You can send it to Casa Ivar (Ivar from this forum) as he has a luggage storage service. Obviously you'll need to check location and opening times of Correos in Irun.

This option is quicker than it sounds. And likely the least expensive.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Note: If you decided to do that, I'd make the train trip from Bayonne, rather than Biarritz. The station in Bayonne is well located, the station in Biarritz is a fair distance from the main town. It's quite a nice train ride between Bayonne and Hendaye. If you fancy making more of it, you could walk a few kms from Irun to Hondarribia, a town well worth spending a few hours exploring

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I think that your best option is to take your suitcase with you to SJPdP and use the service of Express Bourricot to send it to Santiago. When you arrive in St Jean simply go to their office, fill out a form and pay their fee. They will give you a tag for your suitcase. You then simply leave it at your accommodation before starting on the in the morning. They will pick it up and take it to Santiago where it will be waiting for you at the Loop Inn which has 24/7 reception so you can pick it up at your convenience.

Yes, that's an easier option - my suggestion is more convoluted and offered because the OP mentioned not wanting to take it to SJPP. Either way you've got to take the luggage on a train 😎.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back