• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

luggage transport service

Susan B Johnson

PuraVida
Time of past OR future Camino
June (2016)
Hello! I will be walking the Camino Ingles and Finsterra this spring with my family. We would prefer not to book with a travel agency this time, but we still want to use a luggage transport service. I was wondering if anyone had used the luggage transport service "PAQ MOCHILA" offered through the post office. Could anyone comment on the reliability of the service?

Thank you for any information you can share.
Susan

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Or just pack (ultra)light and enjoy the freedom to stay where you want to stay THAT day ;-) Buen Camino, SY
And,.. both are just short walks. 5 days from Ferrol to Santiago and 4(?) to Fisterre.
Pack lite as @SYates writes.
My wife and I walked with 7 kg backpacks on the Inglès.
Only in he albergue of Betanzos we missed blankets and were freezing.we wore our fleecevests and used our silk liners.

The stages of the Ingles are such that one doesn't make many spontaneous choices of where to stay, there just aren't that many options. Without walking extremely long stages, there just isn't room for a lot of spontaneity.

To address OP's question, I asked one of the innkeepers on the route about the Correos service when I learned about it last year. He said it was marvelous and worked seemlessly on the Ingles. I wouldn't hesitate to try it. When we walked in 2014, we used Jacotrans and they also worked seemlessly.

Susan, I owe you an email! Wishing you a buen camino with your family!!

Susan, I'm not going to suggest that you carry your own pack because only you know what your limitations might be, but I am suggesting that you pack as if you were carrying it yourself. The reason for my suggestion is that less really is more on the Camino. Reliance on only the basics is such a wonderful part of the Camino.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I have been trying to complete their form on line and cannot do so. In order to pay you must enter an I'd number and my passport number doesn't work. Not sure why it is so difficult.

When we last walked the Ingles in 2015 the Correos forms were in the hotels. If booking on-line isn't working that might be an option. Presumably they are also available in the Correos offices such as in Ferrol.
Be aware that they can pick up packs very early and on time. In Betanzos it was either 7.00 or 7.30 am and a few pilgrims were rushing out of breakfast to fetch their packs from their rooms before those collecting them left for the day :eek:.
It certainly looked efficient but we have not used the system.

We never had to have our packs down before 8:00 am. One time our two tenneagers did not get out of bed I time and didn't have the bags down in reception by 8:00. the correos person talked to the the front desk person to request our bags. She came and got us at breakfast. I thanked her for alerting us and went to get the bags from the girls. I apologized to the correos person and thanked her for waiting . She said it was no problem . She was early.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We can heartily recommend the Correos Pac Mochila service on the Camino Ingles.
Their services were seamless and very good value for money!
We walked the CI in 10 stages and it only cost us €20 per case for the whole trip!
Rather than use the online booking form, we emailed them our itinerary and they came back with a price, which we quickly accepted.
There is now a facility to pay online, but we did this via a bank transfer.
We contacted them a few times to check up on details and they were very quick to respond.
Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back