• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Luggage Transport

Rellrog

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: March 2013
Le Puy: July 2015
Portugues: April 2018
La Plata: March 2020-to be continued
Since we are traveling for 3 months we had to carry extra luggage with us. Any idea how easy it is to send our extra luggage via the Spanish Correos from city to city. On the Le Puy in France we mailed extra luggage using the French mail service 5-8 stages ahead since the French have a 15 day limit hold at the Post Office. We then picked them up and mailed them another 5-8 stages ahead. How easy is doing that in Spain. We will be walking the Via de la Plata from Sevilla. Thank you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Pretty much the same - 15 day limit at spanish post offices. Sending 5-8 stages ahead is a reasonable bet ... but what a palaver. Having to make sure that you’re in a specific town during post office opening hours. (Sunday is out). Looking up addresses of the next post offices en route. Repeatedly going through the shipping process and paying for it.

I thought it would be a good idea in 2017 but ultimately regretted it. One “interesting“ technique that I used was to make a reservation at a posh hotel about 15 stages ahead and write the hotel name and my reservation number as the return address for my parcel. That way, I figured, the post office would hold the parcel for 15 days - I could pick up from there if I made better progress than expected. And if I made slower progres, then it would be delivered to my hotel and held there. Genius!
Of course, I arrived on precisely the day that the post office ceased to store my parcel. I couldn't collect from the correos and it hadn’t yet been delivered to my hotel. I had to wait. Oh well.

If you’re planning to finish in Santiago it will be cheaper and easier to make just one shipment of your belongings to Ivar in Santiago.

Pretty much the same - 15 day limit at spanish post offices. Sending 5-8 stages ahead is a reasonable bet ... but what a palaver. Having to make sure that you’re in a specific town during post office opening hours. (Sunday is out). Looking up addresses of the next post offices en route. Repeatedly going through the shipping process and paying for it.

I thought it would be a good idea in 2017 but ultimately regretted it. One “interesting“ technique that I used was to make a reservation at a posh hotel about 15 stages ahead and write the hotel name and my reservation number as the return address for my parcel. That way, I figured, the post office would hold the parcel for 15 days - I could pick up from there if I made better progress than expected. And if I made slower progres, then it would be delivered to my hotel and held there. Genius!
Of course, I arrived on precisely the day that the post office ceased to store my parcel. I couldn't collect from the correos and it hadn’t yet been delivered to my hotel. I had to wait. Oh well.

If you’re planning to finish in Santiago it will be cheaper and easier to make just one shipment of your belongings to Ivar in Santiago.
Send it straight to Santiago to Ivar. Look for the link on this site. He has a storage facility and will hold it as long as you like
Since we are traveling for 3 months we had to carry extra luggage with us. Any idea how easy it is to send our extra luggage via the Spanish Correos from city to city. On the Le Puy in France we mailed extra luggage using the French mail service 5-8 stages ahead since the French have a 15 day limit hold at the Post Office. We then picked them up and mailed them another 5-8 stages ahead. How easy is doing that in Spain. We will be walking the Via de la Plata from Sevilla. Thank you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Back