• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

luggage transportation on the route santiago de compostela.

parisa

Hi we are two mothers who are going to walk the route with our 9 years old sons in july. We will start at Ocebreiro and walk the rest of the route to Santiago. But we would like to send our luggage from hotel to hotel along the route. Can anyone please help to tell where we can find this kind of service(which link) so we can check it out before traveling down in july?
Best regards
Parisa

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Parisa and welcome here! I think it is great that you will be taking your son with you.
Good idea that you will transport the luggage, very wise considering young age of son. when i walked the camino francès two months ago I met a german lady with her 10 year old son and they had a great time. Of course they did shorter etapas per day and they treated themselves to a hostal time to time.

Here's a link to Jacotrans ( heard some good reviews from other pilgrims )
http://www.jacotrans.com/

Hi Sabine. Thanks a lot for your rapid answer. I will check out the link. Looking so much forward to do the walk:) I do not know what i actually expect but i think it will be a great experience. Did you do the whole route or parts of it?
parisa

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Parisa, I started in Roncesvalles and did the whole route to SdC. I was too afraid to do the etapa from st-Jean on my own! Ah well, someting to look forward to in the future! But I did have the luxury of not having a time frame.
The part from O' Cebreiro is wonderful, just wonderful. Please take into consideration that from Sarria it can be little hectic and " a run for the beds ". Especially when travelling with a child you should take into consideration not arriving too late at the albergues. A grown-up can walk more easily for another five k. than a younger person with shorter legs.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
And remember, there is no law that says you have to walk a certain number of kilometers. There are albergues all along the way. You can stop when you are tired. With 9 year olds, you may want to consider planning shorter stages.

Hopefully, you have allowed enough time to start out slowly and match your daily distances to the boys abilities.

No one has yet responded with the luggage transfer information...I would but I don't have the information. I know others do as it has been posted many times.
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks a lot for all your responses. Dear Sabine sent a link in her first respons and i am going to contact the man. We have planned this trip since oktober last year, so we have booked hotells along the route(can not take the chance in the high season to ending up not having a place wit two kids) and have started walking in Norway( just to measure the distances, getting use to it and etc) and by the look of it the boys are in much better shape than the mothers. HEHE... But still 8 days of walking will be a challenge for them and for us(if not physically at least mentally)
I wish you all a nice day.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back