• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lugo - medical center

daniela.el

Time of past OR future Camino
I would like to do Camino in following years .
Hello,
My friend is Lugo now and she injured her leg. She would like to see a doctor. Is there any medical center with English speaking doctor ?
Thank you very much for all recommendations!!!
Daniela

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We didn’t find anyone who spoke English but when my daughter broke her arm in O’Cebreiro we were sent first to a medical centre in Sarria and then on to the hospital at Lugo. The care they gave was fabulous.
Sorry I can’t help more.

@daniela.el if you head to the hospital in Lugo you are pretty sure of finding a doctor who speaks English. It is a big hospital.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@daniela.el if you head to the hospital in Lugo you are pretty sure of finding a doctor who speaks English. It is a big hospital.
It is a very big hospital but we didn’t find any English speakers! It was our very first Camino and we could count the number of Spanish words we knew on our fingers. But we managed. (Without google-translate even) Perhaps the highlight was being sent to a particular department and having to follow yellow arrows to get there!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.