• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lugo - Santiago bus

Leemac40

Time of past OR future Camino
Baztan - September 2nd
Hi everyone, buen camino! I am planning my camino from oviedo to lugo then getting the bus to Santiago, is it best to book this bus or can you just pay on the day?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi everyone, buen camino! I am planning my camino from oviedo to lugo then getting the bus to Santiago, is it best to book this bus or can you just pay on the day?
Generally the driver can not sell you a ticket and so you need to buy a ticket beforehand from an agent or the bus station. Buying it on the day, just before you leave is certainly a possibility. I have no idea how busy that route is though so I can't give advice on if it might be prudent to buy it before your day of departure.

I'm a bit of a pro planner which I did want to avoid on the camino but due to time constraints and covid regs in Albergue have booked everything so will go ahead and book the bus just to be sure, thanks for help Doughnut..... Love the name 🍩😁

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you are riding on Alsa their website is in English, just click on the tab on top and it is super easy to buy tickets.

Since you will be taking the bus to Santiago I'm assuming that you don't want to receive a Compostela?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Alsa.com is in English. Alsa.es is in Spanish.

We've just turned up and bought tickets in Lugo but I always feel more relaxed if I've bought on line ahead of time.

Alsa is owned by the UK National Express coach operator.

Yes, you can buy a ticket the same day at the bus station. A big station with different time schedules to Santiago. If you have to wait for one hour or two there is a nice bar next to the station :) Good Luck and Buen Camino on the Primitivo

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back