Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lugo to Santiago 3 days??

Aglass

Andrew
Time of past OR future Camino
Walked el Camino Frances in 2003. Did the Primitivo in August 13 and Ruta lebaniega in July 14. Summer 2016 - Camino del Salvador.
One day: Ruta de la Plata into the Sanabres, maybe part of the Norte, and perhaps the Olvidado.
Hello
setting off from Oviedo on 20th. I fancy going from lugo via Sobrado - because I have done the camino frances stretch and partly to avoid the corwds. It seems to be about 100km.
24 to Friol. 24 to Sobrado. 52 to Santiago. Is there another way to break it up to do it in 3 long days (don't really have more) or am I better sticking to the Melide route?

Which is the 'REAL' Primitivo route by the way? I have read different versions.
Thanks
Andrew

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Aglass said:
Which is the 'REAL' Primitivo route by the way? I have read different versions.

Depends what you call "REAL"! Remember that "Real" in Spanish can be translated as "royal" and the way taken by Alfonso II certainly went through Lugo. He would then (Ithink almost certainly) stick to the old Roman Road, the Via Romana Lucus Iria Flavia, through San Román de Retorta, over the Rio Ferreira by the Roman bridge in Mosteiro and on to Melide. There is another 'Roman' bridge at Ribadiso so for me that would be a guide to the 'Camino Real'. Alfonso II would not have been roughing it! :) - More likely travelling with full royal retinue, just to make a show!

I would have thought that the Melide route would be easier to break up into equal days for you than going by Sobrado. Lugo to As Seixas = 35k? (with alternative accomodation at San Román de Retorta or Mosteiro.) Then break the remainder where convenient after Melide because there are plenty of alternatives on the Francés.
Blessings on your walking
Tio Tel

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back