• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luna Sandals - anyone have experience with these shoes?

katdavis

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013), C2C(2013), Shikoku 88 Temples(2013), Thames Path(2013), Camino Portuguese(2014), Hadrian's Wall(2014), Cinque Terre(2014), Camino Primitivo(2014), Camino Ingles(2014), PCT(2015), Camino Frances (2015)
Hi Guys,

I'm starting in SJPP in May and I'm looking for a new pair of sandals for showers, evenings and in the event something happens to my boots, for the trail as well. I have a pair of keen sandals now that I adore, but they're too heavy and they start to smell after a while too.

The guys at my local outdoor shop recommended these Luna Sandals:
https://www.lunasandals.com/products/29-leadville

and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? Apparently people have been running marathons in them and hiking as well... i'm just not so convinced yet as it seems like quite a bit of money (AUD$115) for essentially a pair of flip flops! They do have a vibram sole though and are 10mm thick, and are only 140 grams a pair.

The other pair of sandals I've seen online is the Teva Terra Fi Lite, but apparently they don't sell these in Australia! .. and then there's crocs...

Any advice / recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Buen Camino :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Looks too fragile. Nothing holds your foot and prevent it from sliding side ways when wet.
Crocks are the best if you ask me. If you are looking for substitute for hiking shoes I suggest hiking sandals that are not so "open".

Sandals are great, I wear them in our climate all summer-howqever they give no support for your feet, ankles, knees, and lower back. I am sure yhat you might do parts of the Camino in hiking sandals, but do remember te song, "Be kind to your knees, you will miss them when they are gone". So very true.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you're keen enough, buy and try BUT do not use them without several weeks/months of trial and contentment.
'Modern' concepts of walking/running have gone back to basic simple footwear (which is great...) but you need to relearn and aclimatise walking position and balance if you have changed from boots or heeled sports shoes.
If you do not have the time to be confident and acclimatise to significant new shoe systems, beware.

Good luck and be happy and confident with your convictions, that means being conservative.
If you haven't tried it before, beware. Use what you know works or are confident with.
Valdis.

Teva sandals are available in Australia. I have bought a pair of Teva Toachi 2 sandals for my Camino in September. Have been wearing them a bit and they are strong and supportive but very light. Paddy Pallin stock them. They are about $115.00 but look out for the specials. Blessings.

Thank you for your advice, please keep it coming!

AmmieM - do you know how much the Teva Toachi 2 sandals weigh? The Teva Terra Fi Lite sandals I've seen online are 400 grams but it looks like this sandal isn't sold here in oz.

Thank you and buen camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I purchased a pair of Luna Sandals a few months ago direct from USA. They are comfortable to wear and have the Vibram soles. Advantage is weight and much less packing space than Crocs, plus the fact that I cannot bear the thought of wearing Crocs (personal preference not a statement on their utility!).

Backpacking Light in the city (Melbourne) now stock Luna.

Rob

Hi Ammie,

The Walking Company in Little Bourke Street sell Teva
[Backpack light is very near]

My trevi coast $110 and weigh 400 grams .

Ecco sandals carried me half the Le Puy camino and they are what we walk in, every year from Santiago to Muxia/Finastere.
The only downside is the pebbles which occur TOO regularly on the Francis

Safe travels ,
David

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.