• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luxury train?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Travel

A rolling palace takes luxury to the Camino de Santiago
  • The train, the real protagonist of the trip, captivates and grabs the passenger
  • The food and wine are two fundamental parts of the itinerary
PAUL SEMPERE PLATE

SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA

08/28/201322:56

1377713966_376244_1377714533_noticia_normal.jpg

Upon entering the station of Zaragoza, the eyes stop on the train inadvertentlyAl Andalus, whose traditional rustic design stands out among the high-speed rail terminal in modern parked.Up to this palace on wheels, which debuted in July with a trip to press, makes you realize that the journey will not be like any other.

It is in the Aragonese capital next summer where the new route will start from Al Andalus, a tourist train Renfe, that after the success of their routes through Andalusia and the Cantabrian coast prepares an itinerary that will visit for six days and five nights towns and cities and special iconic Camino de Santiago.From the city to La Coruna skill, to Miranda del Ebro, Burgos, Astorga, Ponferrada, Orense, Cambados, Pontevedra, Vigo and, of course, Santiago de Compostela.

But this experience is not just for the stunning route: it is also the time spent in the convoy.Al Andalus itself, the real protagonist of the trip, captivates and catches the passenger.

1377713966_376244_1377714473_sumario_normal.jpg

How is this train?With four cars and seven cars lounge suite, luxury and comfort are spread along the 400 meter long rail.Tourist train is the longest in Spain, the widest in the world and one of the most luxurious in the world.It has a maximum capacity of 64 passengers, you can explore this jewel rolling in full, because the cars are connected internally.-12 The 32 suites with twin beds and 20 bed-are fully equipped with safe, minibar, wardrobes and a single bathroom.The break the journey is guaranteed.At night the train remains stationary in the city or town you are visiting to continue the journey the next morning.

The four cars living rail two jewels restored-twenties become the common area, where you can enjoy the buffet breakfast and several lunches and dinners that are made during the trip.They are perfect for reading, watching television or enjoy the scenery through the train while enjoying a drink or a coffee.

The Al Andalus train leaves its mark on every station where stops, arousing the curiosity of all travelers felled on the platform.The whole trip is marked by care crew of cooks, drivers, security guards, guides for visits, waiters and hostesses companions.They all end up calling each passenger by name to make you feel like home.

Landscape, wine and food
1377713966_376244_1377714257_sumario_normal.jpg

The route is marked by the Camino de Santiago, but the tourism goes far beyond.The dining area is a fundamental part of this route, which is tested typical food you visit.From the black pudding from Burgos to Galician empanada, going for a meal at the Templar castle in Ponferrada, a lunch at the manor of Fefiñanes and even a boat ride between the trays that keep the best mussels Arosa estuary.

And along with the food, the other primary piece is the wine.We visit historic cellars, as Marqués de Riscal, and tested the wines in the area.The route is excellent to enjoy the best Riojas and Albariño.

Throughout the journey, the bus comes to rail, waiting at each stop for travelers to enjoy maximum comfort.

To make the trip, also stops at other sites such as the site of Atapuerca, the castle of the Templars in Astorga or Galician country of Santa Cruz de Ribadulla and Oca.

The trip itinerary is ideal to enjoy the scenery from the train.In just six days will tour the vineyards of Rioja to contemplate the estuaries, mountains and beaches of Galicia.

The price, from 3,650 to 4,800 euros.One advantage, the large number of discounts available.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Not exactly about the luxury train...

I will arrive in Madrid after an overnight flight from East Coast USA. I think I will take the train to Pamplona instead of the bus because it is shorter and I expect to be very tired.

Question: is the upgrade from turiste to preferente worthwhile for an exhausted abuela peregrina? I hope to get a tarjeta dorado as I buy my ticket at Barajas T4. What is the difference between turiste and preferente? Do both have a dining car?

The difference between the two classes is really in terms of space and increased quiet. The cars seem to be newer in their interiors. I am not certain about dining cars, but food is brought to your seat in preferente (http://www.seat61.com/Spain-trains.htm#What_are_Spanish_trains_like). If you are just off a long flight, I would be inclined to preferente, but I like my comfort. Turiste is really very good for meeting people and it's not uncomfortable.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.