• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lyon Airport - Le Puy?

Prætor

Hi.

I have booked a plane arriving at Airport Lyon. How to get to Le Puy with my bike witout renting a car?
Bus, train taking bikes? Anybody know?
Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In general, you can take your bicycle on the train in France. There are several departures per day from Lyon to Le Puy en Velay. There is a shuttle bus from the airport to the train station; you want the SECOND train station stop for the Le Puy train.

Actually, having cycled in France, I know you can't take your cycle on just any train. Certain trains are marked with a cycle symbol on the timetables, and those trains are OK. You can't take a train on a TGV unless you disassemble it into a casing. But there is provision on many more regional trains to take cycles whole, as is.
Margaret

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The trains from Lyon to Le Puy are TER. Your bicycle is permitted.

Voyages à bord de TER

Vous pouvez faire expédier votre vélo par train ou voyager avec votre vélo et le transporter gratuitement dans tous les trains TER de votre région.

A savoir : les vélos peuvent être embarqués selon les places disponibles, du lundi au vendredi sauf pendant les heures de pointe, de 7h00 à 9h00 et de 16h30 à 18h30.

Thanks!
I got it all figured out now, and here it is (for others):

Arriving Lyon Airport, take the tram "Rohnexpress" from the airport to Lyon Part-Dieu railwaystation (30 min), then catch a train to St. Etienne (45 min), change train and continue to Le Puy (1h 20 min). Total cost about Euro 35 (bike free as luggage).

Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You have to change trains in St. Etienne to go to LePuy. The connection time is only 6 minutes. Is this really doable? It looks to be the last train too so if I miss it, is there a bus? Thanks for the help.

There are plenty of trains going from Lyon til St.Etienne. When you check the timetable for Lyon - Le Puy you will only find the train with the 6 min connection. Try times for Lyon - St. Etienne, and then St.Etienne - Le Puy. Lyon - St.Etienne has train running once or twice every hour.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't clear. The connection time in St. Etienne is the 6 minute time. The time to get the train going to Le Puy. I will have plenty of time to find the train in Lyon going to St. Etienne. Thanks.

It will be do-able- it is designed for the trains to be linked. Chances are that the trains will even be on adjoining platforms to make the transfer easy. And probably there is a guard on the platform who will be checking everyone who wants to has made the changeover before the second train departs.

It is the same when you have a transfer to an 'autocar' (bus) for part of a journey in France: the autocar won't leave until the train has arrived and been able to disgorge its passengers.
Margaret

Six minutes is plenty of time. St Etienne is a very small station, only two platforms. Just follow the crowd!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back