• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu advice

S

susiew

Hi can anyone please give the best and cheapest way to get from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu .
Thank you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There was a bus when we were there in 2008 or 2009, but no there is a tram. This is said on Wikipedia: "The Rhônexpress tramway began operations in August 2010 and links the TGV rail station of Lyon Part-Dieu with the Gare de Lyon Saint-Exupéry in less than 30 minutes, albeit at a price many travellers find extortionate (€15 single in 2013). This new tramway has largely replaced the coach shuttle services (Satobus) that operated beforehand. More recently, Elit Voyages have recommenced a coach shuttle service to Place Bellecour, with more reasonable fares compared to the Rhônexpress." You find Elit Voyages here: http://www.elit-voyages.fr/ They say 10€. Bjorg

Get the Rhone Express tram - its easy and cheaper than a taxi and goes directly to Lyon Part Dieu - link as provided in the post above

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Does any one go to Le Puy from lyon st. Exupery by any other way than train?
Just curious.

Sent from my iPad

Does any one go to Le Puy from lyon st. Exupery by any other way than train?
Just curious.

Sent from my iPad

The only practical way that I can find is Rhone Express TRAM to Lyon Gare Part Dieu then SNCF train from Lyon Gare Part Dieu or Lyon Gare Perrache to Le Puy (TER 10). If you try to go by TGV train from St Expury Airport it will take hours as you go via Paris.

The airport site makes reference to bus services to the surrounding area but I cannot find anything (due to confusion in the material presentation) that indicates there is any other way than TRAM to get to Lyon Gare Part Dieu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the Rhone Express tram - its easy and cheaper than a taxi and goes directly to Lyon Part Dieu - link as provided in the post above

Thank you Irishgurrrl

So you have finished your Camino would love to hear all about it...tips ,advise accommodation and stages , variants...I start 23rd Aug.... did you meet many pilgrims

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you Irishgurrrl

So you have finished your Camino would love to hear all about it...tips ,advise accommodation and stages , variants...I start 23rd Aug.... did you meet many pilgrims
Yes me too.
Antoinette

Sent from my iPad

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back