• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Médical care in Najera

barryg

Time of past OR future Camino
June: Camino Frances from Pamplona
Hello!

My wife & I are in Naverette. She started having severe leg & knee pain 2 days ago. Is there any place in Nájera where I can get her examined? I don’t speak Spanish well enough to explain her symptoms properly, so it would have to be English speaking. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Warmly,

Barry

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Here is the address for the clinic in Najera. I am looking for the hours right now for Sat.

Centro de Salud Nájera
Av. La Rioja, 0, 26300 Nájera, La Rioja, Spain
+34 941 36 09 75

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
It is a bit confusing but according to this website, their Saturday hours are 8am-8am on Saturday. For a town the size of Najera I have to believe that they are open. However, depending on the injury and pain it might make more sense to catch a bus back to Logroño where I know they have a hospital with an emergency room 24/7.

San Pedro Hospital
Calle Piqueras, 98, 26006 Logroño, La Rioja, Spain
+34 941 29 80 00

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks so much! My wife refuses to rest, so we will walk to Nájera (leaving now, 7:10 AM). I only have WiFi, so will probably have to wait until we get to Najera to get any further responses. At the rate she was able to walk yesterday, that will probably be 12 hours, so clinic will probably be closed & I’m guessing Sunday too, so we’ll wait in Najera until Monday. That is IF she will wait as she is driven to finish & won’t acknowledge the need for rest.

Warmly,

Barry

Ok, Santiago will still be there when you are able to get there. I understand the strong will, but please be mindful that a permanent injury is probably not worth it. Be well!

Should you get wifi along the route, which is doubtful as there isn't much between unless you route through Ventosa, the clinic is on Av La Rioja which is literally just before the major bridge crossing the Rio Najerilla. Turn right before crossing and walk a hundred or so meters.

Google maps

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Should you get wifi along the route, which is doubtful as there isn't much between unless you route through Ventosa, the clinic is on Av La Rioja which is literally just before the major bridge crossing the Rio Najerilla. Turn right before crossing and walk a hundred or so meters.

Google maps

Ventosa is very small compared to Nájera so I'd be surprised if open.

The Nájera Centro de Salud offers excellent care. They took care of an eye infection when I was hospitalera at the municipal albergue. If the Centro de Salud is closed and/or you need help with translating, I suggest that you have the hospitalero/a where you are staying help you out. On several occasions I accompanied pilgrims to health centers to translate.

And on a side note, maybe a doctor or physiotherapist can convince your wife to rest up. This physiotherapist is sending over this recommendation from The Netherlands.

Barry, do all you can to pay for the treatment while still at the clinic or at least while still in town. It will be an expensive mess trying to pay any bill sent to the US.

If you see a FARMACIA, you might see what they have to say -- they are VERY qualified and there should be a notice on the window directing people to the one in the area that is open.
Good luck!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ventosa is very small compared to Nájera so I'd be surprised if open.
Yes, my commentary for Ventosa was about wifi and their connectivity as it is really the only place they might receive it between Navarette and Najera.

Hello!

My wife & I are in Naverette. She started having severe leg & knee pain 2 days ago. Is there any place in Nájera where I can get her examined? I don’t speak Spanish well enough to explain her symptoms properly, so it would have to be English speaking. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Warmly,

Barry
We left Nájera this morning and had a stop in their farmacía. Great people! They should be able to direct you to care. I hope all works well and your wife heals quickly.

Buen Camino!

Thanks everyone! My wife did well today. She is probably not going to rest, but that is her Camino. Thanks for the great info about clinics, paying before you leave & using the help of hospitalero/as. I will allo get her some poles first chance I get. Thanks so much!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back