• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Macs Adventures???? Anyone know anything about MacsAdventures

lookingforward

Time of past OR future Camino
I will be doing the Camino Ingles in 2016 and am looking into Macs Adventures and thought it might be nice to have an org that sets up the lodging, and can transport bags for the older people. Has anyone here dealt with the Agency?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I don't know your age or ability but a self directed Camino is not that difficult. I have been walking for 5 years and I am 69 years old and never had an issue. The guide books are terrific and the accommodations are easy to deal with even if you don't speak Spanish. I am walking from Ferrol to Santiago in about a month and have made absolutely no arrangements for lodgings in advance. It totally depends on the time of year you plan to walk. Also after years of walking I am carrying only a small day pack for my entire walk from Burgos to Ferrol and onwards to Santiago.
Truthfully anyone will be able to recognize me in Santiago as the one who smells worse than everyone else.

I have not used Mac Adventures myself, but walked with a couple who used it on a Cotswold Way walking tour and highly recommended it. I often look on the website for non-Camino walks, and daydream.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
They are a good company to organise it if you do want the security of pre booking although you are then stuck with having to walk a specified distance everyday, when some days you may want a longer or shorter day.

We used Macs Adventures this year - we walked Ferrol to SDC. They booked all our accommodation and we had no problems with them. We had to contact them at one point and they were very helpful. A couple of the group had their luggage transferred each day (at an extra cost) which again there was no problem with and it was always there as we walked through the door of the hotel. I would use them again!

I researched a few companies when I set up my Camino (to start next week). MacAdventures was #2 on my list. They seem very competent, have a good itinerary and are very deep in knowledge about the area. However, I ended up using walkthecamino.com because they seemed geared more towards setting up a unique itinerary (in my case two months rather than the usual month or so). Also I was impressed in that in my first email, they didn't send me a brochure but instead asked me what my objectives for the walk were. Like a lot of posters say, it is pretty easy to set up your own trip and the biggest factor is which advantage means more to you (i.e. having a designated spot to stay each night vs. being able to set your pace each day). I opted for the first option since I'm taking a longer time and opting for no more than 15 miles on any one day. Just depends on what you value and how much predictability you want to have at this point in your life. Note - not affiliated with walkthecamino in any other way than I'm using them for this walk.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have used Macs Adventures and found them to be very good.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back