• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Made it to Pamplona!

WildPlace

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013, 2015
Via de la Plata 2022
4 days out from Saint Jean and having a fantastic time! Feet and legs are good, just one small blister on my toe yesterday when I arrived at Zubiri which I dealt with and is fine today.

Great to meet forum member Morning Glory and his lovely lady along the way and i thank him very much for his great advice about adjusting my backpack it has saved me much pain!

The municipal albergue in Pamplona is completo today, as were the couple of private ones we tried so my friend & I have booked into a hotel for two nights and will explore the city tomorrow before walking onwards. Tonight we enjoy the luxury of a long hot soak in a bath and a good nights sleep.

I want to thank the forum members for all their sound advice since starting to plan for el camino 11 months ago, so far it has been just fantastic!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I loved Pamplona. The best pintxos (tapas) on my entire Camino were had there, so be sure to sample a few while there. I also enjoyed the food and drinks at the Hemingway bar on the city's main plaza. I wish I had lingered in Pamplona a bit longer than I did.

Enjoy and buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
4 days out from Saint Jean and having a fantastic time! Feet and legs are good, just one small blister on my toe yesterday when I arrived at Zubiri which I dealt with and is fine today.

Great to meet forum member Morning Glory and his lovely lady along the way and i thank him very much for his great advice about adjusting my backpack it has saved me much pain!

The municipal albergue in Pamplona is completo today, as were the couple of private ones we tried so my friend & I have booked into a hotel for two nights and will explore the city tomorrow before walking onwards. Tonight we enjoy the luxury of a long hot soak in a bath and a good nights sleep.

I want to thank the forum members for all their sound advice since starting to plan for el camino 11 months ago, so far it has been just fantastic!
Wild Place,
You are most welcome for the advice and glad it helped. We enjoyed chatting with you and your walking partner relaxing over a coffee today. We, too, are enjoying a rest day in this lovely city and its friendly and helpful people. Buen Camino!

There's a leaflet available in most types of accommodation in Pamplona with a pintxos trail on it. If you haven't alredy found that, I highly recommend you hunt it down!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi TinkerBell we picked up the leaflet thank you.

We spent the day sightseeing, the cathedral is highly recommended. We visited many tapas/pinxtos bars and yes, the food is fabulous.

Morning Glory, likewise it was good to chat with you both, hope to see you again along the way, travel safely, buen camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Iruña/Pamplona well deserves a 2 day stop.

Great to read all is coming out well.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back