• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid Accommodation Recomendation

marjorita

OK, I am "this" close to confirming my flight path to Madrid to start my camino in Burgos. I arrive in Madrid at 8PM ,on September 2nd, not a great time to be looking for a place to stay for the night. Does anyone have a recommendation for a place that I can get to easily from the airport to spend the night and then catch the train or bus to Burgos the following day? My travel agent has suggested I spend the night at the Auditorium. It has dismal reviews. I don't think I need to "experience" Madrid upon arrival but will have more time to explore when I return to Canada October 6th. I am 45 years old, a sola traveller and have so-called intermediate spanish. I study spanish at university and I have spent big chunks of time in Cuba and Mexico. And right now, I am feeling a tad overwhelmed. Thanks for any suggestions you might have. Muchas gracias por todos.
Margarita

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Marjorita

I have stayed a couple of times at the Hotel Riesco which is situated on a side street off Puerta del Sol. Very easy to get to by underground (though a couple of changes are required). It is within walking distance of the main plaza and restaurant area etc.

It is 35 euros for an en suite single.

http://www.eurocheapo.com/madrid/hotel/ ... iesco.html

Its old fashioned but clean.

I looked into all the travel options from Madrid to Burgos and like John found the bus was the quickest option. I think more than one company does this route but I used continental-auto. The journey takes about 2 3/4 hours.

As I have mentioned on this forum before I had my luggage snatched off my trolley at Madrid airport - right in front of a security guard! - so keep a tight hold of your belongings as these people are real professionals.

Have a great journey!

Buen camino

Laura

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you all so much for the great and thorough information and seemingly instant! I decided to splurge a bit and I have just made my booking at Hotel Europa. The trip is becoming more real all the time.

As many people have said before, this is a great forum. Estoy agradecida...mucho.
Thanks again. mg

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back