• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid Airport to Cebreiro

boelie

Hi

On the Alsa website there is 2 options for the place of departure from Madrid: Av America or Est Sur.
Which one will be the easiest to access? The plane is scheduled to land @ 07h30, will I be able to make it on time and is it possible to take a bus to the point of departure, the metro looks a bit daunting to me.

Thanks

niel

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Niel,
It looks as though the bus arrives at Avenida de America at 9h55 and departs at 10h15 to collect from MADRID Est SUR - at 10h30. (PIEDRAFITA 09h55 - 16:25 28,95)

Here is a link to the metro: http://www.metromadrid.es/ Click on Plano de Metro to download a really good metro map.

To get to the Bus Station from the airport, go down, down, down the escalators till you are in the metro station.

It can be scary trying to buy a ticket from a dispensing machine when you can't read Spanish, and might not have the correct change, but there are always guys in uniform close to the machines. Just ask one "Avenida de America por favor" and I'm sure they will help you!

The airport line is No 8 - the PINK line. Get off at Nuevos Ministerios which is a huge interchange station and follow the signs for the Avenida de America station.

The metro station at Av. de Americas is a big one, 5 or 6 floors if I remember correctly. They have escalators (which work most of the time!) but you will have to find your way down to the area where the buses leave from.

You could also take a bus to Ave. d. America but it might be quicker by metro.

Buen suerte peregrino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola Javier,
Hasn't Estacion Sur closed? I read that it was closing at the end of 2007.

sillydoll said:
Hola Javier,
Hasn't Estacion Sur closed? I read that it was closing at the end of 2007.

I'm sorry to be so late, Sil, I didn't see your message.

¿Estacion Sur closed? It's the first new I hear about.

http://www.estaciondeautobuses.com/

This is their web page, and when I've been near in the last months I've seen the same movement, buses, taxis and people than ever.

If I see something different I'll tell you.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Lo siento - I got confused with Conde de Casal Bus Station which closed on September 18 last year. All buses that used to leave from Conde de Casal now leave from Estación del Sur on Mendez Alvaro.

sillydoll said:
Lo siento - I got confused with Conde de Casal Bus Station which closed on September 18 last year. All buses that used to leave from Conde de Casal now leave from Estación del Sur on Mendez Alvaro.

Yes, Sil, it's true. The one in Conde Casal I think it's close.

There's a lot of Bus Stations by all the city, sometimes any has to close for a few months. The one in Conde Casal may be because any works on the street.

Buen Camino

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back