• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Madrid bus stations

Simon

Time of past OR future Camino
2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2017, 2019
I did this a few years ago but my memory is hazy. We're flying into Madrid airport in June and then walking a week or more from Burgos. Can anyone tell me the name and location of the bus station we need in central Madrid to catch a bus to Burgos? And then I shall probably do battle with the alsa website again! :?

Thanks, Simon

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The bus to Burgos leaves from the Avenida de America bus station, on ALSA. There are 12 or 13 a day, so I doubt you'd need to buy a ticket in advance unless it's a holiday or something.

If you are planning to take public transportation from the airport to the Avda. de America station, I personally think the red bus #204 is much easier than the metro. The bus may take a little longer, but it leaves from in front of the airport terminal and drops you off right at the bus station, with just a few stops in between. http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?Langu ... me=subHome

By metro it's about a half hour ride with one change of line.

buen camino, Laurie

If you do decide to take the Metro it stops directly under the bus station. The first level up is for local buses the upper level is the long distance bus station.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks very much - it's coming back to me now. Can't wait to be back on the Camino in June
Buen Camino one and all!

Back