• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid Estacion Sur to Airport

barryg

Time of past OR future Camino
June: Camino Frances from Pamplona
Holà! I am arriving via ALSA into Madrid Estacion Sur at 5:00 PM tonight, which I see is 10 miles from the airport. A taxi is 50 €. Has anyone ever taken a city bus or train from Madrid Estacion Sur to Madrid Barajas? If so, please tell me how. Thank you for any help.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Shared route
From Estación Sur de Autobuses to Madrid - Barajas Airport, departs from Méndez Álvaro Estación Sur.

49 min

1. Walk
2. Board C5 at Méndez Álvaro Estación Sur
3. Arrive at location: Get off at Madrid - Atocha Cercanias
4. Transfer to MD at Madrid - Atocha Cercanias
5. Arrive at location: Get off at Madrid Chamartín Railway Station
6. Transfer to C1 at Madrid Chamartín Railway Station
7. Arrive at location: Get off at Aeropuerto T4
8. Walk west towards Aeropuerto Barajas
9. Arrive at location: Madrid - Barajas Airport
For the best route leaving now visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/eRHKupkaMwMp21up9

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Rome2Rio shows direct buses frequently. See here
Also Cercanías trains.

Holà! I am arriving via ALSA into Madrid Estacion Sur at 5:00 PM tonight, which I see is 10 miles from the airport. A taxi is 50 €. Has anyone ever taken a city bus or train from Madrid Estacion Sur to Madrid Barajas? If so, please tell me how. Thank you for any help.
The subway from Estacion Sur connects directly to Madrid Barajas T-4. You will have to pay a few euros up charge on the subway ride card. Very convenient and easy to follow on the subway route maps. I did it 2 weeks ago. No need to be anxious about this....and if you need help, like I did, ask one of the subway personnel for help!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@Richmond Garner is right that you can take the subway from Estación Sur to Barajas, but you will need to change. The metro map is kind of confusing, but the system itself is amazing.

As rome2rio suggests, the best subway route would be to take the Circular to Nuevos Ministerios and there hop on Line 8 direct to the airport.

DEC0FB0C-3602-40CD-B815-0BD232B05DDE.png

You have to know whether your plane leaves from T4 (Iberia and One World Alliance partners like American and British Airways) or T1, 2, or 3 for all the rest.

Good luck! Public transport in Madrid is awesome, so you should be fine. Buen camino, Laurie

You can also download the Madrid Metro app. It works really well and is really easy to use. When you are done using it delete it.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back