• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid/Invierno

nickymunch

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances April 2018... planning Via de la Plata, Jan 2020
Hi everyone, I’m planning to walk from Madrid next February (1st) to Sagahun where it will meet the Camino Frances, I’ll then take the Camino Invierno from Ponferreda to Santiago.... any tips/hints regarding weather and albergues being open!
It’s not my first Camino and I enjoy the solitude so this route is calling me.
Thanks for reading and any help would be lovely
Regards
Nicky

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi everyone, I’m planning to walk from Madrid next February (1st) to Sagahun where it will meet the Camino Frances, I’ll then take the Camino Invierno from Ponferreda to Santiago.... any tips/hints regarding weather and albergues being open!
It’s not my first Camino and I enjoy the solitude so this route is calling me.
Thanks for reading and any help would be lovely
Regards
Nicky
@nickymunch
I have been using the website gronze.com to plan my walk from Madrid on the Camino de Madrid to the Frances to the Invierno to Santiago this fall. Information given on this website includes which months albergues are open, whether they take reservations, map location of the albergue and contact information. If you are not confident in your Spanish, you can get a translation to English by opening the website in Google Chrome and clicking on translate. Enjoy your planning.

Albertagirl it’s great news you’re walking this route as it does appear to be great...,,can you keep me updated on your travels if I was to forward you my email?
Nicky

Many thanks tmir for the advice, I’ll take a look at the link
Nicky

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
jungleboy I’ll give it a look and absolutely appreciate the advice.... it’s great this forum is here as a day ago I was indecisive....
Thanks

Albertagirl it’s great news you’re walking this route as it does appear to be great...,,can you keep me updated on your travels if I was to forward you my email?
Nicky
@nickymunch
I find myself reluctant to commit to this, as I prefer a solitary camino with few communications to the outside world. However, I shall consider as I walk whether events along the route are presenting changes or situations that others who walk the route might find it useful to know. There are many recent threads from pilgrims along the Madrid and the Invierno which have been keeping me up to date through their posts. I shall try to do the same for those who come after me.

Just completed the Camino Invierno after walking the Levante. Excellent choice and can be walked quite comfortably in 11 - 12 days. Not a lot of road walking. People along the way are fantastic. No issues with accommodation at all.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have plans to walk this exact route followed by the Ingles (starting in A Coruna) beginning at the end of September. I will be watching this thread with interest to note any information shared. Happy planning!

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.