• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid June 2017

TonyJaW

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (from SJPDP) 2011
Camino Portugues (from Porto) 2013
After a bit of deliberation, I'm on the Madrid route next week (!) I'm going through older posts for info and have the latest accommodation list from resources, and a 2013 guide by Max Long. Any other useful resource around? Apps(Android), another online guide?

I'm a bit puzzled about day 1, I have a limited budget for hotels, But the Tres Cantos albergue seems to be almost mythical, possibly only a few beds, does it fill up? Opening hours? I've done a quick check online for some other options and a lot of places seem booked up. Day 2 onwards, well I@ll just have to work it out as I go along :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Tony, guess you are on your way by now. I have no info for you but am planning to do the Madrid route starting late August so any alburque info or other useful info you gain as you go would be helpful. Happy walking! I will watch for your posts.

After a bit of deliberation, I'm on the Madrid route next week (!) I'm going through older posts for info and have the latest accommodation list from resources, and a 2013 guide by Max Long. Any other useful resource around? Apps(Android), another online guide?

I'm a bit puzzled about day 1, I have a limited budget for hotels, But the Tres Cantos albergue seems to be almost mythical, possibly only a few beds, does it fill up? Opening hours? I've done a quick check online for some other options and a lot of places seem booked up. Day 2 onwards, well I@ll just have to work it out as I go along :)
Hi, Tony,

I see you're on-line right now and I guess still not in Spain (it's 4am over here in EU). The Tres Cantos albergue isn't mythical at all about anything really :D
I guess it's just the fact that it's in Ayuntamiento building and it closes in the evening so the "hora legalis" is a bit earlier than usually in other albergues where you get the keys and make your own decision when to come in or the ones with hospitaleros. I happened to sleep there in 2014 (you can find my day-by-day journal under sticky threads in CdM section I believe, with photos and GPS tracks) and it was perfectly OK. Apart from feeling being locked in, of course. But after walking from downtown Madrid and at least of it on tarmac it was perfectly OK.

If you want to know more just ask.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks, I'm setting off today, start walking tomorrow!

Hi,
Hope this is not to late to be of any use. I recently finished the Camino Madrid - 29th May - I stayed in Tres Cantos. The albergue is in the Town Hall, it is doubtful if they will let you in before nine in the evening and you are woken up by the security guard at around six o`clock. He will be keen to get you out of the building, because he can then go home. The albergue is free. I believe it is closed on Sundays.
Hope this is of some help.

Hi,
Hope this is not to late to be of any use. I recently finished the Camino Madrid - 29th May - I stayed in Tres Cantos. The albergue is in the Town Hall, it is doubtful if they will let you in before nine in the evening and you are woken up by the security guard at around six o`clock. He will be keen to get you out of the building, because he can then go home. The albergue is free. I believe it is closed on Sundays.
Hope this is of some help.
Maybe things have changed but as I remember they close the doors at 9pm and are very happy you're IN by that time and not to let you wait until then ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey, I have WiFi! Arrived tres Cantos just after 9pm, would not let me in until 1030pm! Big Carrefour supermarket was open until 10, then sat on a bench for 30 mins. Just me there. Hoped for a shower but just cold water from a tap in the loo

Hey, I have WiFi! Arrived tres Cantos just after 9pm, would not let me in until 1030pm! Big Carrefour supermarket was open until 10, then sat on a bench for 30 mins. Just me there. Hoped for a shower but just cold water from a tap in the loo

How bizarre.
Well.. the good news is you have a bed for the night :)
Enjoy your walk.
It's my favorite route thus far.

So things definitely changed. Not just the opening hours but also the shower. I remember it was almost boiling hot in 2014 :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.