• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

madrid route june 14th 2012

jerbear

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
well, I now have all my documents as well as my forum patch.Medical insurance. Am kind of packed. I got me a phrase book. A couple different guides from the community here, THANKS.
I like the idea of allowing the camino to take me. I am ready. Sure I have some fears, but that's life.
I will be doing the madrid section then to the invernes, and on to santiago. I most likly will go to the ocean as well. I have the time 3 months before I need to be back in madrid for my flight home. I will sight see madrid then.
So, put me in your thoughts and send me positive vibes. AS all of you will be in my thoughts thru out my journey.
I have a month. Live life for it is short! Buen camino. jer

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wishing you a buen camino, Jer! Godspeed! Michele

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
fly out on the 13th arrive Madrid 7:30am on the 14th. Then take my easiest way to the camino. Buen Camino

Hola, Well I am now on a countdown, sorta. 10 days, I depart for madrid. I arrive on the 14 of june. I have my bag packed 12kg, with some water and a few freeze dried meals. I am so ready!Madrid to shagun. And yes I a'm taking my tent. I also have a mylar umbrella for the hot afternoons. I will not be hard to spot orange Kelty backpack and silver umbrella. LOL
I want to take this time to "thank" all the forum folks for your patience with me and some anwsers to my questions. I will let the camino take me! Buen camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
headed out to madrid. Arrive 7am on the 14th any one wants to meet me at the airport. I have a bright orange kelty backpack. 15Kg but I have food! I will be fine. make up a sign jerbear! Most likly starting a tres cantos. Peace

Hi there, maybe I'll see you.... I start in Madrid on the 18th heading to Sahagun then to Leon and finally to Santiago after a short side trip. Watch out for two crazy English guys on bikes - it might be us. Our side trip is to detour from Leon up to La Vega to go climb Angliru and on the return back to the Camino Frances have a day with 13,000 feet of climbing.....

Buen Camino

DaveClitherow said:
Hi there, maybe I'll see you.... I start in Madrid on the 18th heading to Sahagun then to Leon and finally to Santiago after a short side trip. Watch out for two crazy English guys on bikes - it might be us. Our side trip is to detour from Leon up to La Vega to go climb Angliru and on the return back to the Camino Frances have a day with 13,000 feet of climbing.....

Buen Camino

Will you twitter? This can be helpful to us dudes still preparing as real time data can be shared along the way. Are you Bivvying or hostelling?

Torrent :D

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hola from penaflor de hornija. Perhaps I will see you two. I imagine you have passed me along the route.
Some nights I take the hostal, some nights the tent is my choice. Tonight is free and has internet acess. This trail, camino is so sweet. Best kept secret. NO phone, sorry! Too much of a hassel to charge and this and that. sent home my phone and some of my warmer clothes. Wrong move as it gets very chilly at night espically in the high country. Food supply always. Water fountains every where! I am carring 5 night of freezedried meals for the time I do not catch a store open. There are trucks that sound a horn in the small villages they have some food.
Last night I watched a fooball game in the plaza with the whole village of Cigunuela. Albergue there for 3 euros. New! Very nice and clean. There is not a problem sleeping out. You just need to determine if you are on private of public land. Private, if you can locate the owner, ask. if not they support the hikers. Public land outside of the burros no problem. Sleep is ok just use common sense! Cathole your dung! Dig up some soil. Small metal shovel is a must. Buen camino

Hi, jerbear,
I'm guessing you are on the Invierno now, would love to hear how things are going for you. I remember that albergue in Cigunuela in the teacher's house. Glad you are finding food and accommodation easily. Buen camino, Laurie

jerbear said:
well, I now have all my documents as well as my forum patch.Medical insurance. Am kind of packed. I got me a phrase book. A couple different guides from the community here, THANKS.
I like the idea of allowing the camino to take me. I am ready. Sure I have some fears, but that's life.
I will be doing the madrid section then to the invernes, and on to santiago. I most likly will go to the ocean as well. I have the time 3 months before I need to be back in madrid for my flight home. I will sight see madrid then.
So, put me in your thoughts and send me positive vibes. AS all of you will be in my thoughts thru out my journey.

Buen Camino to you as well and are back already? tell me, please, how it was:) what did you like most?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
jerbear said:

Hoping all is going well

Hola! Well I got my ticket to madrid, round trip. I will be treking from Madrid may 23 to july somthing. Can not wait for the adventure to begin! Buen Camino! :)

Hola from vallidoid. came here from puentro duero to see city and use internet. awesome time. bit cold and some rain, and snow in the mountains. doing well and enjoying the camino. gras buen camino :wink:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Jerbear
Best of luck on your camino. You're doing a long one! I'm starting the Camino de Madrid next Tuesday 4th June. Looking forward to it.
David

Hola Jerbear
I can report that I and Jason completed Camino de Madrid today, passing Sahagun this morning after leaving Santervas di Campo 06.43.
We are now in Reliegos. Yep we did 46 km something today. :mrgreen:
Tomorrow Leon.

[quote="Susannafromswed... Yep we did 46 km something today. :mrgreen:
Tomorrow Leon.[/quote]

Estupendo!
Glad to see you well ahead of me.
Enjoying life in Villada now.
Will hit Sahagun tomorrow and carry on with initial plan.

Wish you interesting time, as in the Chinese curse.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am now in Monforte. Having a great time. Perhaps I will see youin santiago, Buen camino

hola santiago!

Congratulations, JerBear! HOpe you enjoyed the Invierno as much as I do!

So good to see so many people walking on alternative pathways. It´s "a whole ´nother" experience of the camino!

Reb.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hey, jerbear
Congratulations and enhorabuena. You are now the Madrid/Invierno expert! Would love to hear what your stages were and if the accommodations are any different. Did you see any other peregrinos between Ponferrada and Laxe?

Buen camino, Laurie

to all. I made some notes and will post once i get back to the states. @ laurrie saw 0 pelgrinos from ponferada to santaigo! @ reb, is fantastic @ crackmac, I have another month here in spain. head is goooooood! thanks for the upbeats!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.