• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid thoughts sept/oct 2017

AZgirl

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2012 , via de la Plata 2014
Madrid/frances Sept/Oct 2017
Next : mozarabe 2021
I really loved this camino. I wish I would have kept better notes, I'm terrible at it using a device, I should have stuck to paper. so this is not going to be very exact more just general feelings and thoughts. It's has taken me longer than I would have liked to get to this. I'm seriously considering rewalking this route.

Originally I had planned to continue on from the Madrid to el salvador, then the primitivo. That was on (for me at least) a fairly ambitious km per dayschedule). But I ended up on the Frances, which was quite lovely. I left work on a weekday and was planning on starting walking the first day I arrived. Looking back that was silly on my part. i had been going thru lots of stress both at work and home and i ended up spending a few days in Madrid before beginning my walk. I randomly booked a hostel which ended up right across from the friends of the camino office in Madrid, So I did attend their meetting which was very nice (all in spanish so I didn't understand everything but it seemed similar to the ones I attended in tucson) They were very friendly and sold both credicianals and a special proctective pocket to keep it in. (by donation really). I got one there it is not the special colored one you can get in the cathrdral in san juan bautista. I did like visitng that church and there are nice bars for a quick bite or drink outside. The hostel was ok, a bit worn but it did have small kitchen.

I'm going to have to go back and add more details sorry in advance for the haphazardness of this thread!

To be continued! And hopefully added photos, which may or may not have added filters to make objects younger than they may actually be....

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes - planning to walk in September/October so looking forward to your notes. Many thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A few of us walked Madrid / Salvador / Primitivo last year and the daily notes were posted on this forum. A super walk. Lots of fun. Mine start here:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/and-we-are-off-daily-posts-from-the-way.47565/

And if you look down the forum you’ll see Magwood’s detailed notes, too:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-de-madrid-salvador-primitivo-fisterra.50167/
Undermanager
We had your notes with us along with others on recent Camino de Madrid. Good info
Annie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.