• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to astorga

Paddyc83

Flying into Madrid on the 7 of may and going to astorga only thing is the next bus after we arrive is at midnight is there any other way to get to astorga or how much would a taxi be any info would be a big help

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, Paddy,

What time are you arriving into Madrid? (and are you arriving in Barajas?)

Have you checked the trains from Marid to Astorga? The trenhotel leaves at 10:30 p.m. , which makes for an ungodly arrival of 4 in the morning, but at least you could have a bed for a few hours.

Since the taxi rate is about 1 euro per km, you would make a taxi driver very happy by asking to be driven to Astorga from the Madrid airport -- it's more than 300 kms!

The bus from the airport:
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 09:35 14:50 5h 15min 24.11€ LMXJV
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 09:35 15:30 5h 55min 26.05€ VS
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 13:45 18:00 4h 15min 33.16€ LMXJVS
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 16:00 22:00 6h 00min 26.05€ LMXJ
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 16:45 21:30 4h 45min 24.11€ LMXJVS
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 20:30 00:30 4h 00min 33.16€ V
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 23:59 04:15 4h 16min 24.11€ LMXJVSD

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Plane gets in at 19.55 and it is Barajas so fingers crossed we can get the 20.30 bus driver might even wait 5 min thanks the info and for the time table falcon

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back