• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to Burgos?

RuthW

I'm planning to fly in from Los Angeles to Madrid, then somehow get to Burgos and start walking from there.

It looks like the bus is the best way to get from Madrid to Burgos -- is this the case?

Also, do I need to make reservations for the bus ahead of time, or can I just walk up and buy a ticket?

And how do I get from the airport to the bus station -- is there a shuttle? And if so, can I just walk up and buy a ticket for that?

And finally, can I do all this on a Saturday? Or should I back everything up a day and do this on a Friday? I'll be in Spain in September, if that makes a difference.

Many thanks for all suggestions!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be resuming my Camino from Burgos as well.

When you arrive at the airport inquire about bus and subway to go to the transport center on Avenida de las Americas; it is a large underground transport node. Last year I had to take take a taxi but it cost me 18 euros for a 15 minutes ride at about 150 km/hr in the big Madrid traffic ! Scarry you say ?

Go to Continental bus counter and simply purchase a ticket; normally seats are reserved but as you will arrive in the morning ( I presume your flight does) there should be no problems. The URL for the bus company is as follows : http://www.continental-auto.es/index.do

I took the bus last September from Burgos to Madrid; it is a 3 hours ride.

If you look for a small but nice hotel in Burgos (you might need a good night sleep after your flight and bus ride) just turn right on leaving the bus station and walk about 25 m; it is there on the right hand side immediately after the station.

Thanks so much! Yes, I'll be arriving in Madrid early, about 7:30 in the morning, and yes, I'll be looking for a good place to sleep in Burgos -- for two nights, as I'm going to give myself an extra day to begin to get over the jetlag before I start walking. I very much appreciate your advice.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back