• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to O Cebreiro

Kimber

My Camino begins in O Cebreiro. I am flying from Australia to Madrid and are hoping to get a bus or train from Madrid to O Cebreiro.

Do buses or trains run from Madrid into O Cebreiro?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Kimber, and welcome to the forum.
The village of O'Cebreiro itself is on a mountaintop. I saw people arriving there by taxi, and I think you can get a bus to somewhere just a few kilometres away. Others will be able to provide better transport details.

But there was one point I wanted to mention, re accommodation in O'Cebreiro if you haven't walked there. When I was there late last June, the pilgrim albergue was full, and they were strictly applying the 'priority' rules, that give first priority to walkers, followed by cyclists. The cyclists were having to wait until evening to see if there were any beds left for them. A Spanish family group, with two women and four teens, arrived by taxi early in the evening. As they had not walked, they had no priority for a bed in the albergue and they ended up sleeping up outside in the albergue porch. They had not expected this, and had a very cold night of it. (Other accommodation options in the village seem to be quite a bit more expensive, though you can book some of them ahead of time I think.)

All the best for your planning. I had gorgeous views the day I was on O'Cebreiro, and I hope you have the same good fortune!
Margaret

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Kimber said:
My Camino begins in O Cebreiro. I am flying from Australia to Madrid and are hoping to get a bus or train from Madrid to O Cebreiro.

Do buses or trains run from Madrid into O Cebreiro?

There's a bus from Madrid (http://www.alsa.es) that departs at 00:30 and arrives at 05:55. So, you can begin walking at this time, arriving to take a good breakfast in O Cebreiro before beginning you "normal" walk to Triacastela.

It would be a hard day, sleeping not very well and having to walk 5 km. else but nice, very nice.

Buen Camino, enjoy it.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back