• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to Palas de Rei

JenniferJ

im meeting up with a friend to walk part of the camino. i need to find a way to get from madrid to palas de rei. i assume that i will take more than one bus. any suggestions? also, since i am flying in from dublin i dont reach madrid until 6pm so i may have to spend the night somewhere in madrid and leave early the next morning. thanks for any help!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Jennifer,
I think you have two options here To take an Alsa Bus or a train to LUGO and then get the bus to Palas de Rei.

1) Alsa Bus: There are two you can take - the Eurobus at 19h30 that gets to Lugo at 1am. Cost is E78.30 OR - a bus at 23:59 that gets to Lugo at 06:16 and costs E54.
(Check website at http://www.alsa.es)

2) Train: There is only one train from Madrid which leaves at 22h10 and arrives in Lugo at 06h38 the next day. A one-way ticket will cost you E49.50.
(Check the website at: http://www.renfe.es)

Taking an overnight train or bus will save you finding accommodation in Madrid and means that you will get to Palas de Rei the following day.

The bus to Palas de Rei (about 60kms) will be on FREIRE - For further information, you can contact Freire bus company at +34 981 58 81 11. (I don't know if they have a website)

Hope this helps Jen.

OOps! Sorry Jen - gave you RETURN prices for the buses:

The Eurobus at 19h30 is 39,15€ one way and 78,30€ return

The midnight bus is: 30,58€ one way and 54,00€ return.

Perhaps is you ask Ivar nicely, he could check the Freire bus timetable for you?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hell Jennifer,
Here is some info on buses to Palas de Rei:
There are regular buses from Santiago to Lugo (and Lugo to Santiago) all with a stop at Palas de Rei - excepting for the 17h00 bus which is direct to Lugo.

AUTOBUSES SANTIAGO-LUGO (EMPRESA FREIRE)
Salidas de Lugo / Departures from Lugo
6:00 Lun-vier labor. / mond-fri working days (excep. Jul-Aug)
7:00 Diario / daily
8:00 Diario / daily
9:30 Laborables / working day
11:00 Diario / daily
13:15 Lun-vier / mond-fri (labor. / working days)
14:30 Diario / daily
17:00 Diario / daily
19:30 Diario / daily (exc. Sáb / satur)
21:00 Viernes lectivos / Fridays during term
21:00 Domingos lectivos / Sundays during term

Information at Lugo
Bus station Tel: 982 223 985
Empresa Freire: Tel: 982 220 300

Go well!

You are welcome.
Just wish you cart start further back along the trail so that you could earn your Compostela.
Never mind, next time.
Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back