• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Service from Madrid to Pamplona - Availability in April 2023

Caligal

Time of past OR future Camino
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
C Finisterre Oct 16-Oct 20
My 3rd camino coming up April 2023, my previous 2 I have taken the bus from Airport T4 around
10am to Pamplona. Attempted today to book tickets for April 14 Rome2Rio says bus NA. Am I too far out (date) for schedule or some other issue? I cant believe there is no longer bus service between these two cities. Any ideas? Thanks Dee

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I take usually the Jimenez bus line. Try again about 30 days out. There are also two or three trains daily from Atocha station. Transfer downtown for 6 euros on the Yellow bus from the airport to Atocha or there is Cercanias train in the bottom floor of the T4 which also goes there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take usually the Jimenez bus line. Try again about 30 days out. There are also two or three trains daily from Atocha station. Transfer downtown for 6 euros on the Yellow bus from the airport to Atocha or there is Cercanias train in the bottom floor of the T4 which also goes there.
Thank you I thought I might be too early. Last trips I didnt get ticket till I arrived in Madrid. They did list trains but I prefer the bus. Dee

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My 3rd camino coming up April 2023, my previous 2 I have taken the bus from Airport T4 around
10am to Pamplona. Attempted today to book tickets for April 14 Rome2Rio says bus NA. Am I too far out (date) for schedule or some other issue? I cant believe there is no longer bus service between these two cities. Any ideas? Thanks Dee
I flew from Madrid to Pamplona this past September. One had flight leaving Madrid 8:00 am

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Your reply made me rethink my decision to bus it. Creature of habit I am, the train it is ! Thank you
Can you tell me how the train goes ? And if there is an easy way from Pamplona to St Jean after? Im planning the same journey i think

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Can you tell me how the train goes ? And if there is an easy way from Pamplona to St Jean after? Im planning the same journey i think
The information is given above. Fly Madrid; cercanias to Madrid Atocha; train Pamplona; bus or taxi to St Jean. Fly Paris; metro to Montparnasse; train to Bayonne; train to St Jean. Or just start walking from Madrid or Pamplona. There are no rules
Buen Camino

Use the rome2rio website to find your train from Madrid to Pamplona. You can buy the ticket on their (Omio) website or buy from RENFE, the Spanish train line. rome2rio can also show the train from Bayonne to St. Jean. I love to walk around Madrid but don't think I want to walk out of it. Buen Camino

Use the rome2rio website to find your train from Madrid to Pamplona. You can buy the ticket on their (Omio) website or buy from RENFE, the Spanish train line. rome2rio can also show the train from Bayonne to St. Jean. I love to walk around Madrid but don't think I want to walk out of it. Buen Camino
Rome2rio is a little confusing as it shows only train + rent a car vs only bus. Is the bus station near the train station? Can I do the train to Pamplona then bus to St Jean? How do i get a taxi in spain ? Im a newbie to Spain and such

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Rome2rio is a little confusing as it shows only train + rent a car vs only bus. Is the bus station near the train station? Can I do the train to Pamplona then bus to St Jean? How do i get a taxi in spain ? Im a newbie to Spain and such
Don’t know. I have only taken the train to Pamplona. I flew to Bayone for a different trip. I arranged to take the train to St Jean from there but was stopped by the beginning of Covid. If I can’t find you an answer I am sure others will weigh in soon. Buen Camino

The train station in Pamplona is not co-located with the bus station. You will need to walk or take a cab to the bus station if the bus times work for you. The bus only runs in the summer so it won't show up on schedules for a while yet. You can take a cab from the train station to SJPDP if the times do not align.

I took the bus last time so I dont know about the train but I know there is a bus to St. Jean from the station in Pamplona. I started walking from Pamplona then will again this trip. Happy planning😊

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back