• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to Sahgun doing 15 to 20 K days?

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances in 2016, Portuguese in 2017, and Frances again in 2018. Madrid to Ponferrada 2019.
I plan to walk from Madrid to Sahgun and then on the Frances to Santiago 4/25/19. I would appreciate any tips, accommodations, sites to see, Etc. It will be my 4th Camino.
Thank you, Joseph

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I plan to walk from Madrid to Sahgun and then on the Frances to Santiago 4/25/19. I would appreciate any tips, accommodations, sites to see, Etc. It will be my 4th Camino.
Thank you, Joseph
I’m starting in Madrid on May 2/19 and only walking to Leon. Since the Camino Frances is busy after Leon, I plan to take the train to Santiago and then walking the Muzia Finnesterre route. This will also be my fourth Camino.
I’ve booked my nights till Segovia but no further. This is my first Madrid Camino so I cannot give you any tips. Perhaps we will meet along the way.
Alvin

Alvin, I may be a few days behind you as I’ll leave Madrid on the 5th May. It all depends on whether there is still snow on the crossing (if so, I’ll walk the Levante from Toledo instead).

Chito, you’ll be way ahead but if you post updates, I’ll follow along. Many thanks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm doing it starting on April 1st and I'll provide updates on the forum as I go.

For stage lengths, you could look at this (Sep 2018) list of albergues and other facilities on the CdM, and see if you can map out 15-20km stages from that. I would also cross-check the distances between towns with Gronze or another trusted site just to be sure.

We start from Madrid 4/30 and will train to Santiago from Sahagun for the Finisterre route.
I like the idea of finishing in Leon, as there is a brewpub there with great beer.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We start from Madrid 4/30 and will train to Santiago from Sahagun for the Finisterre route.
I like the idea of finishing in Leon, as there is a brewpub there with great beer.
As far as I know May 1 is a holiday in Spain. Restaurants and stores may be closed that day.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back