• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to SJPdP

EllenZimmer

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (May 2014)
My family of four is arriving in Madrid on May 13th at noon. We will get our credentials before we leave. There are many connections that must be successful for us to arrive on time so I am very hesitant to make reservations for the bus from Madrid to Pamplona, the bus from Pamplona to SJPdP or our overnights. However, I am investigating all options but still have questions:

1. Is it possible to buy 4 tickets for the bus to Pamplona at 14:00 to board a bus at 15:00 or 18:00 that day? Or would they be sold out at that point in May? Is there a large discount buying these online ahead of time?
2. Is it possible to buy 4 tickets for the bus to SJPdP at the same time we buy Pamplona tickets, or do we wait until we are in Pamplona bus station?

3. Many of the shelters in Pamplona have a pilgrim price (15 euro) and a “regular price” (25 euro). At this point in our adventure are we eligible for the pilgrim price? Can we stay in the municipal Albergues or other places that are just for pilgrims?

4. How many hours by bus for each of these (Madrid to Pamplona, Pamplona to SJPdP). Although the train is quicker to Pamplona the information about the bus seems more straight forward. Is this the case?

My first posting here - although I have been vigilantly reading the forum for over a year!!

Thanks, Ellen

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am new also. I land in Madrid at 9:30 a.m. May 1. I have made reservations at Corazon Puro. They will pick me up in Pamplona. I will stay there overnight in a twin room and the next day they will take me to SJPP. Falcon posted this idea. When the time gets closer I will let them know what time I will be in Pamplona. The airlines have changed my schedule once already. I hope this helps. They have a Web site just search their name. They also speak English

There may not be bus service to SJPdP that early in May.

You can buy bus tickets in advance. On occasion buses do fill, though rarely. Since you need four seats, reserving is a good idea.

Your credenciale makes you a pilgrim and eligible for the pilgrim rate and the albergues.

The bus website will give you transit time for each run, which varies.

Buen camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
1. There are several buses from Madrid Barajas T4 and from Avenida de America to Pamplona every day. I am not aware if there is any discount to purchase online unless you purchase well in advance

2. I don't know if you can purchase tickets through to SJPdP at one time. The bus line association (ALSA) that provides service to Pamplona is the same that provides service to SJPdP. Note service to SJPdP is International.

2a. Bus service from Pamplona to SJPdP is seasonal. Last summer it operated Easter and mid June to September. The summer schedule had two buses per day.

4. Bus takes about 5 - 6 hours. The train takes about 3 -4 hours. Dependent on particular schedule. Connections from Barajas Airport to bus or train are not complicated.

Note: If your intention is to start in SJPdP the connections are better if you travel Madrid to Bayonne and Bayonne to SJPdP.

A list of useful links:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...-links-for-travel-from-madrid-to-sjpdp.23395/

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Whariwharangi, I have noticed your many postings on this topic and spent this afternoon going through them again. Some of the transportation websites are very hard to navigate esp. with my lack of Spanish! But I gave it my best effort! The problem with going to Bayonne is we arrive at 1:30 am after already being up for about 48 hours - so I am settling on Pamplona since we should be delivered by bus or train by 8 or 9pm. Most of the available lodging seems to want you in by 10 or 11 out of respect for the other travelers. Train seems the least expensive if we purchase the 4person online ahead of time (23,55) with about 3 hrs to ride. The bus is over 5 hrs and we wouldn't purchase it ahead of time so it costs about 31,00. of course the bus will take us right from the airport, no metro transportation needed... but we do transfer busses in Soria.

Several May 2013 travelers indicated the Pamplona->SJPdP bus service begins May 1st so we should be all set if that is true. Otherwise, it seems there is the taxi option, but somehow that seems more luxury than I was planning :)

At this point it is a decision as to whether I feel comfortable to count on my flights all matching up and purchase those train tickets...

I stumbled onto this today ... the numbers indicate dates of service and times of departure from Pamplona to SJPdP (I think that was for 2013 ... No gaurantee the dates will be the same this year ...)

It also states (if my spanish is correct) purchase tickets Madrid to Pamplona and then Pamplona to SJPdP.

• 8:00 (16/7 - 31/8)
  • 14:00 (22/03 - 01/11)
  • 17:30 (1/6 - 30/09)
  • Los viajeros de Madrid y Barcelona deberán adquirir el billete para poder acceder a Saint Jean de Pied de Port de la siguiente manera:
    1. Billete con origen en su localidad (Madrid o Barcelona ) y destino Pamplona
    2. Billete con origen Pamplona y destino Saint Jean de Pied de Port,
Conda
http://www.conda.es/eventos.php?tipo=3&id=438

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
While traveling with a group of 4, you might consider a one way renting car (hertz, europcar etc). Just the car is €100-120 plus about €50 for petrol.
Discovering the country start right away from the airport.

As I recall, the bus from the Madrid airport T4 to Pamplona took about 3 hours, but my memory is a little fuzzy on that so it may be a little longer or a little shorter. We purchased tickets from the curbside kiosk at the airport. When we arrived at the Pamplona bus terminal, we purchased tickets for the 2:00pm bus to SJPP for the following day. We spent the rest of the afternoon and the next morning exploring Pamplona. We stayed at a small hotel, the Hostal Arriazu on the Calle Comedias, while in Pamplona that night, and at the Albergue Jesus y Maria when we walked back through the city a few days later.

The bus ride from Pamplona to SJPP takes approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Buen Camino,
Jim

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
As I recall, the bus from the Madrid airport T4 to Pamplona took about 3 hours, but my memory is a little fuzzy on that so it may be a little longer or a little shorter. We purchased tickets from the curbside kiosk at the airport. When we arrived at the Pamplona bus terminal, we purchased tickets for the 2:00pm bus to SJPP for the following day. We spent the rest of the afternoon and the next morning exploring Pamplona. We stayed at a small hotel, the Hostal Arriazu on the Calle Comedias, while in Pamplona that night, and at the Albergue Jesus y Maria when we walked back through the city a few days later.

The bus ride from Pamplona to SJPP takes approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Buen Camino,
Jim

This coincides with what others on this forum and other forums posted. I think i have a good plan as long as busses are not full. I did check your hostel Arriazu but could not find a price. I was looking at staying in Aloha hostel or Hostel Hemmingway... Both run about 15 euros for a pilgrim.

Next task is working on getting back to madrid from finesterre ... I think RyanAir has decent flights from Santiago...

... As for renting a car, that seems daunting to me as a first time traveler in spain. Plus, don't i have to get an international license or something to do this? But thank you Thomas, for the suggestion.

Monbus provides service from Fisterra (Finisterre) to Santiago bus station (EE AA).
http://www.monbus.es/index2.htm

The Fisterra bus stop is located in the center of town beside the Albergue Xunta. Allow 3.5 hours to Santiago.

Empresa Freire provides bus service from Santiago bus station to Santiago Airport
http://www.empresafreire.com/html/castelan/seccion0.php

Santiago Airport (SCQ) You walk past the end of the runway about 10km from Santiago.
http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Santiago/en/Santiago.html

I will be leaving on Feb 24 and was unable to find any bus schedule from Pamplona to SJPP. I will be taking the ALSA bus from terminal 4 to San Sebastian, staying overnight, and then getting the bus to Bayonne, France. From there its a short train ride to SJPP. So this is another option if Pamplona does not work.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There is no bus to SJPdP from Pamplona until March 17.

Pamplona Saint Jean De Pied De Port 17:30 19:15 1h 45min 20.0€
17/03/2014 30/09/2014

LMXJVSD

Last edited by a moderator:
... As for renting a car, that seems daunting to me as a first time traveler in spain. Plus, don't i have to get an international license or something to do this? But thank you Thomas, for the suggestion.
Can imagin that a rental car it is not the most appealing option while arriving in a new country. Rules for international licences became less strict. But it depends where you live of course, I can't make that up from your profile or message.

I live in Erie Pennsylvania USA... do you have info on how one does get an international license?

You never know...might need it!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Ellen ,
They will come from everywhere when they read this but can i ask you the following;
Why are you starting in St JPdP ????
Why not Pamplona.
You will meet on the way people who have started 600=1000km before St J , namely from Arles, Lourdes, Le Puy ,Geneva, Paris , Verezley, Mont Saint Michel , UK etc.
Why not start at Pamplona and continue to Finisterre and then Muxia.
Same distances if thats the trouble ?????.....Pamplona is 3 days in and the coast is 3 or 4 days after.......where the camino finishes according to the spanish..and you are in Spain.
As i have said many times when in Santo Domingo look at the paintings on the wall in the cafe next to the Parador..........no St J.......... but Samport or Borce showing the ancient ways over the mountains when travelling/walking from France
The spanish camino , Camino Frances , starts in Ronscevaux [a bit of French there] in Spain.

Sit back mate , here they come

You are right of course... I guess to start in SJPdP was because that is where "everyone" seems to begin. To walk over the Pyrenees seems to be a right of passage as well. I will certainly take up your thoughts with the rest of my crew and see what they want to do. Of course, I have reservations in SJPdP and Orisson so I will need to see what the penalty is... This thought occurred to me earlier in the process, but I put it out of my mind thinking that I was being lazy not working out how we would get to SJPdP... LOL... but really can anyone walking 500 miles be lazy! hahaha. Thanks for bringing me back to reality!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You are right of course... I guess to start in SJPdP was because that is where "everyone" seems to begin. To walk over the Pyrenees seems to be a right of passage as well. I will certainly take up your thoughts with the rest of my crew and see what they want to do. Of course, I have reservations in SJPdP and Orisson so I will need to see what the penalty is... This thought occurred to me earlier in the process, but I put it out of my mind thinking that I was being lazy not working out how we would get to SJPdP... LOL... but really can anyone walking 500 miles be lazy! hahaha. Thanks for bringing me back to reality!

Ellen:

Hello and welcome to the Forum. I did not read all the posts. Forgive me if I give repetitive advice.

Starting point. Approximately 1/3 of Pilgrims who walk the Camino begin in Sarria. Most, if not all Spaniards, who start in the presumed beginning, start in Roncesvalles. That said, it is your Camino and you should start where you want too.

Traveling from Madrid to Pamplona to SJPdP. Madrid Puerta de Atocha station to Pamplona ALVIA train 3hr 5 min. Bus T4 to Pamplona 5hr. I recommend the train versus bus. The train allows one to get up and walk around, have food service and more private bathrooms. The bus does not allow walking around, no food service and a tiny bathroom. Getting to T4. If your flight arrives at T4 you can get the bur from the terminal or take the Cercanias train from T4 to Puerta de Atocha train station. If you arrive at T1, you must transport by bus to T4 to take bus or train , as stated above. If choosing train, arrival at T1, you could take a cab to Puerta de Atocha (20km's). More costly but fewer steps.

Pamplona to SJPdP. Since you will probably not get there in time to catch bus, you have several options. Start in Pamplona. Get a hotel and transport to SJPdP next day. Try this website www.corazonpuro.es

Whatever your decisions might be, I wish you a Buen Camino.

Ultreya,
Joe

Last edited:
Ellen,

I prefer the bus, myself. It's so simple to catch from the terminal and you don't have to mess with the Cercanius to Atocha. I find the Mercedes Benz buses to be awesomely comfortable. They are exceptionally clean. Eat in the airport before you board and enjoy the scenery!

I'm not sure why your schedule is so tight, but I've arrived in Madrid in May many times and there are many buses directly from the airport (Terminal 4) to Pamplona every day. You can simply purchase your ticket from the driver. When you arrive in Madrid, there will be helpful people dressed in green who can direct you to a Tourist Info desk, which are easy to find. Those folks will direct you to the buses, which are parked right outdoors.

Consider an extra night in Pamplona to adjust to the time change.
Then, you can either bus to SJPP or share a taxi.
You pay for the taxis per taxi, not per person, so if there are 4 of you, it might just be simpler and nearly the same price to hire a taxi.

One taxi service that can arrange that trip is Caminofacil.
Another is Maripi Teletaxi.
Last year's prices were here:

Cada servicio de taxi (entre 1 y 8 pax) entre Pamplona y Saint Jean Pied de Port tiene el siguiente coste:
1 to 8 people from Pamplona to SJPP:

- De lunes a viernes en horario de 06:00 a 22:00 horas 96,00 euros
- Monday through Friday from 6 am to 10 pm - €96

- De lunes a viernes en horario de 22:00 a 06:00 horas 120,00 euros
- Monday through Friday from 10 pm to 6 am - €120

- Sábados, Domingos y festivos 120,00 euros
- Saturdays, Sundays, Fiesta days - €120

If you want to arrange this ahead of time, their email address: maripi@sanfermingrupo.com

Buen Camino!
Annie

Ellen:

Hello and welcome to the Forum. I did not read all the posts. Forgive me if I give repetitive advice.

Starting point. Approximately 1/3 of Pilgrims who walk the Camino begin in Sarria. Most, if not all Spaniards, who start in the presumed beginning, start in Roncesvalles. That said, it is your Camino and you should start where you want to start.

Traveling from Madrid to Pamplona to SJPdP. Madrid Puerta de Atocha station to Pamplona ALVIA train 3hr 5 min. Bus T4 to Pamplona 5hr. I recommend the train versus bus. The train allows one to get up and walk around, have food and more private bathrooms. The bus does not allow walking around, no food service and tiny bathrooms.Getting to T4. If your flight arrives at T4 you can get the bur from the terminal or take the Cercanias train from T4 to Puerta de Atocha train station. If you arrive at T1, you must transport by bus to T4 to take bus or train , as stated above. If choosing train, arrival at T1, you could take a cab to Puerta de Atocha (20km's). More costly but fewer steps.

Pamplona to SJPdP. Since you will probably not get there in time to catch bus, you have several options. Start in Pamplona. Get a hotel and transport to SJPdP next day. Try this website www.corazonpuro.es

Whatever your decisions might be, I wish you a Buen Camino.

Ultreya,
Joe
This is what I am doing. I've already been in touch with Corazon Puro...for a very reasonable 46€, I get not only a ride to SJPDP, but experience my first bit of Spanish hospitality.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Annie!
Great post!
I will be arriving in Madrid April 28th from California at 10am. After reading your post- the Mercedes bus sounds like a nice option. After I land is it pretty easy to wing grabbing one? Or do you suggest pre booking one in advance? Maybe I won't do a train after all- save some money! :)

Peace and cheers!

Hi Ellen,
If you have already booked StJ and Orisson you might have to go this way.
You mentioned "The right of passage over the pyrenees"
Many camino's which commence in France [ Paris, Verezley, Arles, Piedmont] go via Samport which is 500m higher than the way from StJPdP........a serious climb but most have warmed up by then .
And please take the Miam Miam Do Do for accommodation ...............nothing else needed.....follow the arrows and people.
And walk to Muxia

There do seem to be more buses than trains in the late afternoon, so i am thinking we will try the bus. All of this is really dependent on flights and customs and lines... Your suggestion to get food before we board the bus is a good one.

As for transportation from pamplona to sjpdp (all of my clan really wants to hike that part from sjpdp to pamplona) is still undetermined... I hear there is a bus that may be running by mid may or the possibility of the taxi mentioned.

I am thankful for all of the great suggestions and directions everyone is giving me! I am taking notes and will have all the info at the ready as we need it. Keep those suggestions coming!

Thanks,
Ellen

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My previous post seems out of order, sorry about that! I was writing it after anne had originally posted about the bus and taxi info... I got side tracked and didnt submit it until there were several new posts added... Lol... Won't miss those distractions while on the camino!

I am new also. I land in Madrid at 9:30 a.m. May 1. I have made reservations at Corazon Puro. They will pick me up in Pamplona. I will stay there overnight in a twin room and the next day they will take me to SJPP. Falcon posted this idea. When the time gets closer I will let them know what time I will be in Pamplona. The airlines have changed my schedule once already. I hope this helps. They have a Web site just search their name. They also speak English
I would love to know how staying at Corazon turns out for you as I plan to leave from SJPP June 19 or 20 (arriving Madrid June 18) and am trying to work out transportation.

I have red many great things about Corazon. I really look forward to staying there. I will let you know. You may need to remind me!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ellen,

I prefer the bus, myself. It's so simple to catch from the terminal and you don't have to mess with the Cercanius to Atocha. I find the Mercedes Benz buses to be awesomely comfortable. They are exceptionally clean. Eat in the airport before you board and enjoy the scenery!

I'm not sure why your schedule is so tight, but I've arrived in Madrid in May many times and there are many buses directly from the airport (Terminal 4) to Pamplona every day. You can simply purchase your ticket from the driver. When you arrive in Madrid, there will be helpful people dressed in green who can direct you to a Tourist Info desk, which are easy to find. Those folks will direct you to the buses, which are parked right outdoors.

Consider an extra night in Pamplona to adjust to the time change.
Then, you can either bus to SJPP or share a taxi.
You pay for the taxis per taxi, not per person, so if there are 4 of you, it might just be simpler and nearly the same price to hire a taxi.
Annie, thank you for this information! I wasn't sure whether to take the train or a bus from Madrid but you've made the bus look like a viable option. I'm curious, given the choice, would you spend a night in Pamplona or SJPP to adjust to the time change? Or Corazon Puro, as is recommended by so many? Thank you, Alyssa

Annie, thank you for this information! I wasn't sure whether to take the train or a bus from Madrid but you've made the bus look like a viable option. I'm curious, given the choice, would you spend a night in Pamplona or SJPP to adjust to the time change? Or Corazon Puro, as is recommended by so many? Thank you, Alyssa

Honestly, I'd do both.
You will be exhausted when you arrive, so why not spend a night or two in Pamplona and see the city. There's a lot to see and do there. Then, when you walk back through, and are SOOOOO tired from the walk, you'll have already seen it.

Honestly, I'd do both.
You will be exhausted when you arrive, so why not spend a night or two in Pamplona and see the city. There's a lot to see and do there. Then, when you walk back through, and are SOOOOO tired from the walk, you'll have already seen it.

Help!!! I have just tried to get a timetable for the train from Madrid to Pamplona. RENFE says there are morning trains, 7.30 and 7.35, but when I put in the date I get NaN/Nan so can't book. When I go on to Rail Europe it has two trains and the earliest is 15.05 !! I would like to go in the morning. Any ideas? sriyantra

€60,-
Sriyantra, Annie posted some great information above about taking the bus from Madrid airport to Pamplona. It sounded easier to me than dealing with the train. :) Alyssa

Ellen - the best piece of advise above was; "This is your Camino" - in other words if your preference is to depart from St Jean then that is what you should do. As for how you get there, again its a matter of choice. I think you said your flight arrives at 1.00 am so I doubt that there will be either a bus or a train shortly after then. What transport method - well I used both buses and trains across Spain last May/June and I think I prefer the trains. Go to the RENFE site - you can change it to read in English - select the most applicable departure time to Pamplona (its the terminating point). If you have not had any real sleep then maybe overnighting in Pamplona is a good idea - one or two nights will depend upon whether you intend to stop there once on your Camino. From what I have read I would recommend overnighting at SJPP and starting early (say before 9.00 am) which gives you a short day to Orrison and another reasonably short day to Roncesvalles. This allows you to break-in you body, feet and mind to the Camino task. From there as I said at the start - its your Camino walk as many kilimetres/miles as you wish. Buen Camino :):cool:

Help!!! I have just tried to get a timetable for the train from Madrid to Pamplona. RENFE says there are morning trains, 7.30 and 7.35, but when I put in the date I get NaN/Nan so can't book. When I go on to Rail Europe it has two trains and the earliest is 15.05 !! I would like to go in the morning. Any ideas? sriyantra

The bus leaves directly from the airport. To me, it is much easier.
I don't take the train unless I'm staying in Madrid, so someone else will have to answer you.
Sorry...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The bus leaves directly from the airport. To me, it is much easier.
I don't take the train unless I'm staying in Madrid, so someone else will have to answer you.
Sorry...
Annie - do the buses operate/depart the Madrid airport between 2.00 am and 6.00 am? Our poster (Ellen?) said her flight arrived at around 1.00 am so she will probably have to fill in a few hours before the first bus or the bus downtown to the train. Cheers

My family of four is arriving in Madrid on May 13th at noon.
I think the 1:00 am statement was a typo. There are several buses from the airport after that time.
upload_2014-3-21_7-54-17.png

Sriyantra:

There are 5 trains from Madrid Puerta de Atocha to Pamplona daily. 7:35, 11:35, 15:05, 17:35 and 19:35. The train ride is 3 hr and 5 min. It is much more comfortable, imo, than the bus ride and faster. Getting to the train varies on which terminal you arrive in Madrid.

T1 arrival - Take the airport bus to T4 then catch the Cercanias train down stairs to Puerta de Atocha. You can buy your ticket all the way through to Pamplona there. You could also just take a cab to the Puerta de Atocha station from T1. There ride is about 20km's and more expensive than the Cercanias train but eliminates a step or two.

T4 arrival - Take Cercanias train from T4 to Madrid Puerta de Atocha. You can purchase your ticket all the way through to Pamplona at the airport train ticket office.

Ultreya,
Joe

Last edited:
Annie - do the buses operate/depart the Madrid airport between 2.00 am and 6.00 am? Our poster (Ellen?) said her flight arrived at around 1.00 am so she will probably have to fill in a few hours before the first bus or the bus downtown to the train. Cheers

Mike, read Falcon's post following this one.

I think she arrives at 1pm
2 hours to clear customs and hopefully she is in T4.......walk to bus terminal
3.15pm bus...........5 hours later Pamplona

otherwise its the 5.15pm train from Madrid [ not airport] and 3hrs 15 minutes again at Pamplona.
I have done the bus and its very good...........motorway 80%
Take a book or sleep Ellen,
David

Hi me again,
Yes, i should be using twenty four hour time then there is no confusion... Sorry for that. We arrive in madrid airport at 13:00 or so. I do hope to catch that bus just after 15:00. I was confused about the bus at 17:00, stating " not from airport". I was thinking both left from t4. I need to check this and how i thought either bus would work from t4...

Thanks and sorry for all the confusion!

Ellen

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh wait.. That was the train at 17:15 that leaves from madrid(not airport). I have no way to refer to the posts once i start a reply. I think there are two buses leaving from t4 that monday afternoon. Just incase we arrive later than expected. I looked at that schedule so long ago i need to refresh my memory.

Back to "This is your Camino!" Unless you have a special potion which none of us knows about, trying to start the Camino the day after you arrive has all the potential of inviting "accidents". Translated that in essence means "one night" the day you arrive plus"one night" before you walk: you choose where. Your body and mind will greatly appreciate it!

I find that starting the day I arrive works best for overcoming the travel time. Getting exercise in the sun (or rain, sometimes) gets me acclimated. Do what works for you!:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Agreed Falcon BUT not a long day mate, just a short 10-12km walk ,then good accommodation with private room and a long/deep sleep.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back