• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mailing a package

SusanH

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked 2014
Hello! Have you ever mailed a package to Burgos? If so, where did you mail it to?
I’d like to send something forward to pick up for myself. So, I’m a little curious if anyone has done this

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello! Have you ever mailed a package to Burgos? If so, where did you mail it to?
I’d like to send something forward to pick up for myself. So, I’m a little curious if anyone has done this
A bit more information might help: mailing from where is pretty crucial. From within Spain you can send stuff post-restante with Correos or send to your pre-booked accommodation with their consent. Mailing from outside EC, don’t. You’re items will disappear into a customs & excise nightmare from which you will never recover 😉

You can send it to the main post office in Burgos.
I have picked up a package there.
As @Tincatinker said, mail it from within Spain.
Here's some information from the Spanish Post Office.

There is additional information in the Wikipedia article

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have mailed a package within Spain, to Burgos, with no problem. There was a time window within which I was supposed to pick it up, so that would be something to check.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It would be mailed from Barcelona?
I don't see any problems with that?

Out of curiosity, will you be walking from Barcelona?
There was a time window within which I was supposed to pick it up, so that would be something to check.
In 2015 we used the Correos pilgrim service to send a package ahead to Santiago. We picked it up seven weeks later, way later than the time window (we were very slow). I did call Santiago Correos from post offices along the way to request them to hold the package longer though.

A warning, I have had to conduct all Correos business in Spanish.

Correos has really improved their "Camino with Correos" site. It now shows the prices for different weights and storage periods. For example, a 15 kg suitcase or package with 45 days storage is 36 Euros.

I mailed a package from Barcelona to SDC but the process would be the same and it allows you to send to any point along the camino. I also mailed stuff from Burgos to SDC . Ask for a Pilgrim Pack- Paq Peregrino and it seemed to be a smooth process. In Barcelona I was redirected to the main Post Office at Placa D'Antonio Lopez for this service.

€46,-
I've mailed a lot of things to myself from within Spain to places along the CF with no problems. I was advised to send to and FROM myself, and mark it "PEREGRINO/A". If you are sending to a large city, it will be sent to the main Correos office. I've found the people very kind, helpful, and patient. One time I was not able to pick up my package in Sahagun, but stopped there six months later on a return trip, and there it was, waiting for me... I LOVE Correos!

Regular tip here: Always take a photo of your receipt from Correos.

Pro tip here: Most office have the habit of stapling your cc receipt to the Correos receipt, which just so happens to cover the tracking code. So when you take that photo, fold it back or remove it.

If you can, always try to include a phone number on the box. And always use a return address that is reachable in the event that the package gets sent back… which will definitely happen if you don’t get there in time. I can’t speak from experience for the rest of Spain but I can tell you that the volume of packages in Santiago obliges them to make space every day… and they organize their packages by date first and alphabet second.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.