A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Mailing/shipping items to another country

Camino T-shirt

heatherrnw

Camino(s) past & future
Past: April 2012; Future: June/July 2017
I have a question about mailing a large item to another country from Santiago. I have planned a holiday in a few other countries after my Camino and was thinking to mail a large item from Santiago to Paris, where I would end and fly home from.
I would have 2 weeks from the time I leave Santiago and arrive in Paris. I also would need to pack the large item in some cardboard. Does anyone know if it is possible to do all of this and have it arrive within the 2 weeks?

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi Heather,
The post office in Santiago has boxes that you can purchase and pack your item into, and if you mail it to a "poste restante" in Paris they'll hold it for you for 2 weeks (possibly longer). Or - if you know where you're staying in Paris you can contact your hotel and see if they'll accept a package for you.

But it shouldn't be a problem to ship from Santiago to another country, especially if it's in the EU. Hope that helps!
Faith

pennyinyk

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (April 2017)
We just shipped our backpacks from Santiago to Oxford UK with Mailboxes etc. Takes a week, cost about 100€ for two big packs.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 168 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 270 24.2%