• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Making up questions just so you can post to make people jealous

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've heard rumours that people post random questions just so that they can brag about their upcoming Camino.. surely this isn't true?
And in other news, I start mine next week!! Woohoo.

Well I've just started saving to do mine & am well jealous of anyone who has started, doing or done theirs lol

I still can't believe that I have eight kids, six still living at home and I'm going on a SOLO camino in two weeks! AND I have the most amazing husband. I should be jealous of myself!

With 6 still living at home you deserve a solo camino!!

All, I'm sitting having my lunch in Santiago reading back over this thread and making a holy show of myself as I giggle away!! Some kind passerby assumed sunstroke, some more realistic soul would recognise me as pure loco!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was there in May! Walked Coimbra to Santiago! We walked the central route! It was amazing!!!! I can brag to you all because none of my non-Camino friends understand

Funny Well I’ve done COF to SDC to Munxia to Finisterre with a 11 kg pack no taxis no bus no trains and no need to ever do it again, best part of the camino was the fellow pilgrims god I miss them.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Replicated questions aren't a huge issue in my mind.. they usually get re-answered (that's got to be a real word) or some kind soul offers a link.. the poster gets the info, the thread stops and retires to a darkened corner to live out it's days surrounded by posts regarding best footwear/backpack/poncho queries..
The rest of us continue on, posting our hugely important threads in an attempt to bring a modicum of knowledge or humour into the mix.. but I digress, surely we should be discussing how lucky I am to be doing two Caminos in one year! And most importantly should I take my waterproof trousers? I didn't use them on the CF on my last walk.
Wait! What? You walked the CF April/May and didnt wear your rain pants? You must have walked a different CF than me, the record rainfall was all over the news. I wish i had rain pants then.

I need to report that here in Tacoma, WA, we had Tacoma Aroma! while the teevee weather report was telling us it was sunny. Well, that was sort of true, behind/around the smokeiness that comes with that Aroma. If that could be put into a spray can it could be a valuable pest deterrent on the Camino and the Caminho. Or produce a cloud in which to hide, though your coughing would give you away.

Another Tacoman, huzzah!

Apropos of absolutely nothing, my wife and I will begin walking Galician Camino on October 5.

Funny you should mention about packing your lightweight gear for the CF, as I'm just working on the same packing for my CSP this month - thing is, I'm working on getting my 22 Kg backpack down to a Bumbag to fix around my waist. Its a normal waist-bumbag, and I'm nearly there (not on my CSP - with the packing), but what do I do about my walking poles? They just don't fit in even though they are lightweight Allu-titanium telescopic poles that convert to emergency survival fishing rods or tent poles, or even long thin poles to roast the fish you may have caught with them, or sausages and crumpets, on open fires (not whilst on Camino, I hasten to add). They don't reduce enough to fit :confused: Should I cut two carefull, professional, unobtrusive holes/slots in the side of the bumbag to tuck them in. Does anyone have similar experience with this dilema? Thoughts and ideas and suggestions welcome, before I go on my CSP with my lightest pack ever. I don't want a certain well-known economy airline service banning me from the flight to my CSP, or even worse, having to stand in-line at check-in whilst they embarrass me with complaining and charging an exorbitant surcharge for the poles not being packed properly.

I just literally laughed out loud, sitting at the airport, enroute. (With my record setting 12 lb bag and security cleared poles in tow)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Wait! What? You walked the CF April/May and didnt wear your rain pants? You must have walked a different CF than me, the record rainfall was all over the news. I wish i had rain pants then.
I walked CF March 19 to April 25th in 2017 from SJPP to SDC and wore my rain poncho 3 times for no more than 4 hours each time. But this March 1-April 5 I walked the entire Norte and only walked without my rain jacket and kilt about 7 days total lol.

I was talking with people in front and behind me.. everyone was reporting rain.. I got maybe an hour or two of light rain in the whole 42 days.. As I got to Santiago and opened my balcony doors in the hotel it started raining :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Well buen camino, hopefully in November, I’ll walk my second one this year albeit a shorter one (Ingles) vs El Norte in rainy muddy March. Enjoy!
You’re not making too many jealous with your Norte report!

I was talking with people in front and behind me.. everyone was reporting rain.. I got maybe an hour or two of light rain in the whole 42 days.. As I got to Santiago and opened my balcony doors in the hotel it started raining :)
You messed things up. Those were doors to your shower! Ts ts ts ts ts...
;)

I can't believe I'm going to say this..
I think if I did sjpdp again I would probably try for Roncesvalles in one day.. with a bit of decent prep and an early start...
I did it it one day and it rained most of it with windy conditiions. We slept in one of the cabins with a person who snored so loud none of us got any sleep. Needless to say we stopped at Zubiri and stayed at a pension just to get over jet lag and a bad first night.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Could I elicit sympathy on a jealousy thread? I did 26km last Saturday and 28km yesterday - and on both Sundays I have a swollen sore foot. Has never happened before. Now i’m Quietly Panicking about my anticipated 30+km days!

Could I elicit sympathy on a jealousy thread? I did 26km last Saturday and 28km yesterday - and on both Sundays I have a swollen sore foot. Has never happened before. Now i’m Quietly Panicking about my anticipated 30+km days!
Oh yes, definitely you could elicit sympathy for that; that is a worry. I hope nothing comes of it and it clears up quickly. Sending positive thoughts your way.....

Edit - just reread this and it's hard to think of anyone being serious in this thread, but I am being serious here. I genuinely hope things improve for you. :)

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That's reminded me. Should I defrost my freezer prior to my flying out to Biarritz on Sept 17 and beginning my non end dated Camino two days later? Also, will the 350 Euro a day that I budgeted be enough or should I bring loads more?
Oh Ian if you have 350Euro a day to spend can you hang about while I pack my 5l backpack to join you/

That's how they draw you in.. and before you know it you have a freezer full of chicken nuggets.

Don't get side tracked , stay on the subject you commenced young man .
Proud of your 42 days , thus please consider Andy the extra 2 days and enjoy Finisterre / Muxia and stay at Lires.
It's a beautiful few days.
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm jealous, it's not fair, I'm gonna write to my MP. (Who is my MP again)?

Need a Sherpa? I'm cheap and I don't snore.

Davey
I see you are a veteran member with several walks to your credit. We are first timers taking the French route next week. Is it busy this time of year? I guess I assumed September might not be so busy.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I still can't believe that I have eight kids, six still living at home and I'm going on a SOLO camino in two weeks! AND I have the most amazing husband. I should be jealous of myself!
I didn't realize you were getting out solo this time!! Fabulous!! Buen Camino!!

I've heard rumours that people post random questions just so that they can brag about their upcoming Camino.. surely this isn't true?

Do you think this applies to me?

I only ask because I'm too busy planning my next Camino to give too much thought about bragging about my plan.

Buen (humble-posting) Camino

I didn't realize you were getting out solo this time!! Fabulous!! Buen Camino!!
Not only do I get a couple of weeks solo, but then hubby and three kids join me for three more. That’s my bragging all done now.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am starting mine on 23 September. Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Absolutely! Always sympathy for sore feet! A little subversion here: (psst, take the bus for at least some of those kms)

I had a 25km limit.. anything over that caused my feet to hurt.. if you can afford slightly shorter days then I heartily recommend it.. it's good for the feet.. you get a longer experience in the Camino and you get to see more places.. I took 42 days to do mine and would plan maybe even more than that if I did it again.. plus stopping at every bar is a great tip.. :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have always been comfortable with 35km so this is a surprise to me. I’ll take a bus if I have to but it would be disappointing. I’ve got time constraints because I’ll be meeting family in Leon.
What will be will be!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I concur. You definitely don't need a 4-season sleeping bag probably.
Unless you do. In which case, you probably definitely need a 3-season sleeping bag. Maybe.

I would very much enjoy this kind of conversation over a beer in a bar somewhere in Spain.
But I guess it would be too late to change decision on the sleeping bag by then?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hilarious. My best jealousy post was 'accidentally' mentioning to some folks from across the pond that I paid £18.99 for my flight and didn't want to 'spoil it' by shelling out for expensive refreshments on board so got a Boots Meal Deal at Gatwick for £3.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I paid 80 Euro for a taxi from Biarritz to Irun because my 4th flight from Oregon to Biarritz was cancelled (that I paid for with miles and about $50 was cancelled)!

Hilarious. My best jealousy post was 'accidentally' mentioning to some folks from across the pond that I paid £18.99 for my flight and didn't want to 'spoil it' by shelling out for expensive refreshments on board so got a Boots Meal Deal at Gatwick for £3.
I paid 80 Euro for a taxi from Biarritz to Irun because my 4th flight from Oregon to Biarritz was cancelled (that I paid for with miles and about $50 was cancelled)!
I can't help but smile, and be a bit intrigued, by these two posts. If my understanding is correct, @masomenos was on a roll because she was having an inexpensive day and didn't want to break her record and, conversely, @trecile's plans went sideways at the end of a long day and, hang it all, she was prepared to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a taxi - money that she had saved on airfare - just to salvage her day. I'm sure we've all been in similar positions. Let's hear your stories. :)
PS Bragging is okay. :rolleyes:;)

Yes, this is definitely true. I'm ashamed to say that I've often asked questions about an upcoming trail in the hopes my friends will find out Im off on another trot while they age away at their desks!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back