• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Malaga as base

Macoleman0

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Português por coastal from Lisboa April-May 2019
Camino Del Norte August-October 2019
Greetings!
I just finished walking the Camino Portugués por coastal from Lisbon and am going to Malaga with the hope of walking several stages while being based in Malaga.
Is it possible to bus back to Malaga after each stage and of course bussing back to the stage in the morning? Any logistics help is appreciated. Bon Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I don't think that the camino from Malaga lends itself to this approach. I looked up buses from Malaga for another thread on this forum - I recall that the bus services are infrequent and don't match the Camino route.

That said, you might find other walks that you can do with decent bus connections to Malaga. Perhaps @Magwood might have a suggestion.

You could take look at the ‘Gran Senda de Málaga’, the GR 249, with coastal and inland stages. It Is probably better known in the area than the camino. Malaga itself is a beautiful city with so many interesting things to see.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks. I ended up hiking up Pico Mijas then went up to Granada and hiked a section of the Camino Mozárabe into Granada which was spectacular!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back