• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Malaga Camino - Mozarabe!

jim garrity

Time of past OR future Camino
Malaga to cordoba
I leave this tuesday from shannon, ireland to fky to malaga! Will meet with camino association that evenjng and then embark the next morning! I am very apprehensive about this camino, my second, as my camino last year from the same malaga ended in cordoba with feet problems! Many have said to forego malaga to cordoba and start in cordoba but my heart tells me to redo the route - relax and focus on each step! Yes there will be excessive heat and associated problems but the urge to get bsck on road is unique! Wish me well- buen camino20130612_123319.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen camino Jim. I am glad you decided to follow what your heart was telling you, impractical as it may be. Wishing you a wonderful camino and may all your challenges and problems be manageable. Laurie.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Jim. Every best wish for your camino Mozarabe. I am extremely interested in your journey as I may do this next year. I live close to Málaga and will walk from home. It is hot here right now but we have pleasant breezes in the mountains. If you would like company on your first day, let me know. I would be happy to join you for the day.

Please let us know how you get on.
Buen camino, Maggie

Jim and Magwood, I don't know how you do it.
I find it very difficult to leave Malaga for any reason. :D

Good trip to you both. Buen Camino.

Jim and Maggie, I’m am so thrilled for you both (Maggie, I hope you will walk a little). I love that part of Spain too but my heart is still in Sevilla (I lived there for 4 years). Not long until I arrive to start my 2nd VdlP though (Sept).
I’ll be watching your progress Jim as I’d like to do this route at another time. I hope you’ll take lots of notes for us all.
Cheers, Grace

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jim and Maggie, I’m am so thrilled for you both (Maggie, I hope you will walk a little). I love that part of Spain too but my heart is still in Sevilla (I lived there for 4 years). Not long until I arrive to start my 2nd VdlP though (Sept).
I’ll be watching your progress Jim as I’d like to do this route at another time. I hope you’ll take lots of notes for us all.
Cheers, Grace

greetings again!
did some of this route a few years ago! my main problem was my poor Spanish and my inbuilt tendency to get lost! got to cordoba by a combination of walkies, buses, and cadged lifts!!

Hi Jim.
Please post when you can, this is my Camino of choice for next year and any info would be appreciated, hope everything goes well.
Regards
George

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Jim.
Please post when you can, this is my Camino of choice for next year and any info would be appreciated, hope everything goes well.
Regards
George

Hey George, what time of year are you thinking about walking this route?

Hi Magwood,
I usually plan to start walking about the second week of April or so and finish during the first week of June. This year I put together elements of the Levante, Sureste, VdLP and French to Finisterre and had a great time, especially enjoyed the challange of the Levante/Sureste, met some great people, visited some remarkable places, gave me an appitite for routes less travelled!
Regards
George

I leave this tuesday from shannon, ireland to fky to malaga! Will meet with camino association that evenjng and then embark the next morning! I am very apprehensive about this camino, my second, as my camino last year from the same malaga ended in cordoba with feet problems! Many have said to forego malaga to cordoba and start in cordoba but my heart tells me to redo the route - relax and focus on each step! Yes there will be excessive heat and associated problems but the urge to get bsck on road is unique! Wish me well- buen caminoView attachment 11373

So, Jim, how's it going? I know there are several of us eyeing this route for next year, so all of your wisdom will be eagerly received. Buen camino, Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Jim, hope your feet have been behaving and that it has not been too hot. Having done the Mozarabe, starting in Granada in Spring this year, I know that you will have a fabulous walk. Of course we had perfect weather (one day of rain in 63 days!) and mostly cool days, which made all the difference. The beauty of this route is that it remains undiscovered - no other walkers for three weeks. Although there are far fewer churches, the fortified villages and towns give a different flavour to this Camino. We particularly liked the section from Granada to Cordoba and cannot comment on that from Malaga. If anyone out there is thinking of doing the Mozarabe, don't wait!

@Bodhimind1 thanks for the encouragement. What was the accommodation like on this route? I would be most interested if you have any other information to share.

I recently walked from Malaga to Castro del Rio, just short of Cordoba as I ran out of time. As usual, I was wild camping most of the time but hid in some albergues when the weather was thunderstorm level. As ever, I would recommend learning Spanish to some degree as you will struggle otherwise. As many albergues require that you phone a day in advance..you lose the advantage of body language and eye contact which would help otherwise. There are a few good guides to download about the route both in Spanish and English. However, do not rely on them alone as they go out of date rapidly. The routes don`t change (much) but the phone numbers do. This is a great Camino...you don`t need to do 40 k sections, you can break it down to 20 k sections or less with accomodation. Its well marked and no more difficult than other caminos I have done. Of course there are one or two sections that are steep and rocky...slow down to a crawl and see it through.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back