A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Malaga to Cordoba

2020 Camino Guides

david46

Should be old enough to know better...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Portugese, St. Jaume, Del Sur, Primitivo, Vadiniense. Salvador
Given the give-away prices on Ryanair at the moment (£18 return Newcastle to Malaga) I was thinking of few days on the Mozarabe starting from Malaga. Any ideas what conditions might be like in early December?

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
Given the give-away prices on Ryanair at the moment (£18 return Newcastle to Malaga) I was thinking of few days on the Mozarabe starting from Malaga. Any ideas what conditions might be like in early December?
They’ll be significantly better than in Newcastle. Get it booked!

roving_rufus

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013-2015) Camino Portugues from Lisbon (2017-2019) Via Francigena (2018-??)

david46

Camino(s) past & future
It should be pretty good - I think Sara Dhooma walked in December 2018 - she has videos of each day https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sara’s-mozarabe-video-blog-malaga-to-córdoba.59299/
It seemed cold at night but fine in the day. (Having been in Malaga/Seville/Cordoba in January it was cold at times - particularly if foggy)
And if the weather turns out miserable then take a bus and head back to Malaga and enjoy tapas and museums!
Yes, I checked out Sara's videos and she seemed to have a great time. Too hot even on Day 1. Thanks for the input.

wildrover

thewildrover
Camino(s) past & future
2015 april c/f. vdlp feb 2016. Norte / primitivo Sep 2016. C/f 12/16. Vdlp 12/17. 12/18. Lana 02/19.
Hi mate, during the last few weeks, a few people, mainly fellow Brits have thought I'm a Geordie. I, actually hail from Glasgow. I suppose it's the broad accents we both have. Although, I'm prettier than your average Geordie! Anyway mate, having cycled down from girona and heading north at Alicante, I've noticed the weather in the area you plan to visit, is infinitely more appreciative. I'm heading back towards that sun, just as fast as my legs can take me. So, when you pass a pretty, flying Scotsman, going in the opposite direction, you'll know.....exactly who I am. We can talk football! Well....mibeez not. Anyway, it's far more sunnier than the uk. Cheers. J

david46

Camino(s) past & future
Hi mate, during the last few weeks, a few people, mainly fellow Brits have thought I'm a Geordie. I, actually hail from Glasgow. I suppose it's the broad accents we both have. Although, I'm prettier than your average Geordie! Anyway mate, having cycled down from girona and heading north at Alicante, I've noticed the weather in the area you plan to visit, is infinitely more appreciative. I'm heading back towards that sun, just as fast as my legs can take me. So, when you pass a pretty, flying Scotsman, going in the opposite direction, you'll know.....exactly who I am. We can talk football! Well....mibeez not. Anyway, it's far more sunnier than the uk. Cheers. J
Good to know. However, I live in Sunderland so that makes me a Makem rather then a Geordie. Which in turn means that I can't talk football 'cos that's not what Sunderland are playing at the moment. They're playing sh..e! But since I'm from Aberdeen originally I'll let you buy the pints while we don't talk about it. That's fair 'cos Glaswegians are just Aberdonians with the generosity squeezed out of them.

wildrover

thewildrover
Camino(s) past & future
2015 april c/f. vdlp feb 2016. Norte / primitivo Sep 2016. C/f 12/16. Vdlp 12/17. 12/18. Lana 02/19.
hi mate, you're right about the generosity being squeezed 👌I'm glad you never took me to task about being so pretty. I suppose, me being from the auld country, that makes sense! Everybody knows, I was the prettiest wean in my street. Wear Side/Tyneside both BRAW areas! Pints are for wimps or rangers fans. The law change is in the offing. After BREXIT it's officially gallons. Enjoy your walk. Wild🤓

david46

Camino(s) past & future
Right, that's it. Flights booked and will start on Tuesday morning (3 December). Long range weather forecast looks good. My first solo, so hope to meet people although I have my doubts...

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Right, that's it. Flights booked and will start on Tuesday morning (3 December). Long range weather forecast looks good. My first solo, so hope to meet people although I have my doubts...
I am so jealous...! Please keep us informed! :OD

/BP

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%