• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Malaga to Cordoba

david46

Should be old enough to know better...
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portugese, St. Jaume, Del Sur, Primitivo, Vadiniense, Salvador, Mozarabe
Given the give-away prices on Ryanair at the moment (£18 return Newcastle to Malaga) I was thinking of few days on the Mozarabe starting from Malaga. Any ideas what conditions might be like in early December?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Given the give-away prices on Ryanair at the moment (£18 return Newcastle to Malaga) I was thinking of few days on the Mozarabe starting from Malaga. Any ideas what conditions might be like in early December?
They’ll be significantly better than in Newcastle. Get it booked!

It should be pretty good - I think Sara Dhooma walked in December 2018 - she has videos of each day https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-mozarabe-video-blog-malaga-to-córdoba.59299/
It seemed cold at night but fine in the day. (Having been in Malaga/Seville/Cordoba in January it was cold at times - particularly if foggy)
And if the weather turns out miserable then take a bus and head back to Malaga and enjoy tapas and museums!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It should be pretty good - I think Sara Dhooma walked in December 2018 - she has videos of each day https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sara’s-mozarabe-video-blog-malaga-to-córdoba.59299/
It seemed cold at night but fine in the day. (Having been in Malaga/Seville/Cordoba in January it was cold at times - particularly if foggy)
And if the weather turns out miserable then take a bus and head back to Malaga and enjoy tapas and museums!
Yes, I checked out Sara's videos and she seemed to have a great time. Too hot even on Day 1. Thanks for the input.

Hi mate, during the last few weeks, a few people, mainly fellow Brits have thought I'm a Geordie. I, actually hail from Glasgow. I suppose it's the broad accents we both have. Although, I'm prettier than your average Geordie! Anyway mate, having cycled down from girona and heading north at Alicante, I've noticed the weather in the area you plan to visit, is infinitely more appreciative. I'm heading back towards that sun, just as fast as my legs can take me. So, when you pass a pretty, flying Scotsman, going in the opposite direction, you'll know.....exactly who I am. We can talk football! Well....mibeez not. Anyway, it's far more sunnier than the uk. Cheers. J

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi mate, during the last few weeks, a few people, mainly fellow Brits have thought I'm a Geordie. I, actually hail from Glasgow. I suppose it's the broad accents we both have. Although, I'm prettier than your average Geordie! Anyway mate, having cycled down from girona and heading north at Alicante, I've noticed the weather in the area you plan to visit, is infinitely more appreciative. I'm heading back towards that sun, just as fast as my legs can take me. So, when you pass a pretty, flying Scotsman, going in the opposite direction, you'll know.....exactly who I am. We can talk football! Well....mibeez not. Anyway, it's far more sunnier than the uk. Cheers. J
Good to know. However, I live in Sunderland so that makes me a Makem rather then a Geordie. Which in turn means that I can't talk football 'cos that's not what Sunderland are playing at the moment. They're playing sh..e! But since I'm from Aberdeen originally I'll let you buy the pints while we don't talk about it. That's fair 'cos Glaswegians are just Aberdonians with the generosity squeezed out of them.

hi mate, you're right about the generosity being squeezed 👌I'm glad you never took me to task about being so pretty. I suppose, me being from the auld country, that makes sense! Everybody knows, I was the prettiest wean in my street. Wear Side/Tyneside both BRAW areas! Pints are for wimps or rangers fans. The law change is in the offing. After BREXIT it's officially gallons. Enjoy your walk. Wild🤓

Right, that's it. Flights booked and will start on Tuesday morning (3 December). Long range weather forecast looks good. My first solo, so hope to meet people although I have my doubts...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Right, that's it. Flights booked and will start on Tuesday morning (3 December). Long range weather forecast looks good. My first solo, so hope to meet people although I have my doubts...

I am so jealous...! Please keep us informed! :OD

/BP

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I was going to let you know how it went but something got in the way - oh yes, lockdown. The walk was brilliant. Late flight arrival meant that I couldn't get into my AirBnB so I ended up sleeping in someone's garage in the centre of Malaga. Weather was brilliant throughout and I met a couple from Italy - Marco and Laura - who I kept pace with for the next ten days, meeting up at the same albergues/hotels each evening. A very good camino as far as Cordoba from where I took the bus back to Malaga for the return flight and Christmas. Highly recommended.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back