• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Manage photos and videos from iPhone on the camino

kwmetz88

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking to santiago from france june 23-aug 31!
I'm planning to walk the camino from Auch, France to Fisterre this summer, and I am bringing my iphone 5s to handle all the videos, photos, etc.

I am planning a bit of a project for myself, in terms of shooting videos and photos that I will create something with when I get home. I guess you could call it a documentary of sorts.

I'm hoping to be able to sync my iphone 5s to some sort of cloud shared folder in order to accomplish two things: continually clear space off my phone (I figure I hit wifi every night if not every other day), and also to provide friends and family with a place to follow my adventures, such as a shared folder where they can sort of see my camino as I go.

Any suggestions in terms of apps to use? Best practices? I have flickr's app, but it seems really frustrating to manage sets and pictures on the go. As far as photo editing, I am not overly concerned with finding something robust, just mostly looking to pull these off my phone every few days and allow others to see them.

Thanks!

Kevin

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have installed Dropbox on my iPhone 5s and tested before my departure in May. It works fine, and you can manage shared folder.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am using my iPhone 5s exclusively for photos and videos. I upload to iCloud each time I have wifi. Too much data transfer for the SIM card. Works PERFECTLY!! Sent an invitation to my iCloud folder to my kids so they could see my photos from home. Brilliant!

I am using my iPhone 5s exclusively for photos and videos. I upload to iCloud each time I have wifi. Too much data transfer for the SIM card. Works PERFECTLY!! Sent an invitation to my iCloud folder to my kids so they could see my photos from home. Brilliant!

Remember to take a photo of your friend Mr Hemingway near the bullring in Pamplona, only just off piste.

Buen Camino...............Keith

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The only thing I've read is that there is a 1000 photo limit and a 30 day limit for iCloud...

After doing some research I decided to use Dropbox for work. I purchased extra space and now have plenty of storage for photos from my iPhone. I also use Photosync to move photos and videos from one device to another.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
After doing some research I decided to use Dropbox for work. I purchased extra space and now have plenty of storage for photos from my iPhone. I also use Photosync to move photos and videos from one device to another.

Do you find that the video and photo sync is incredibly slow for even a wifi connection? It's taking 24+ hours to upload about 400 photos and a maybe 30 twenty-thirty second clips.

Do you find that the video and photo sync is incredibly slow for even a wifi connection? It's taking 24+ hours to upload about 400 photos and a maybe 30 twenty-thirty second clips.

I find Photosync fast - took only half an hour to upload over a thousand photos to another device. It must depend on your wifi connection and probably also the website or service receiving the photos. Certainly much slower to send to Dropbox. I have Dropbox automatically receiving my camera roll in the background whenever in wifi range.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.