• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Manresa for Semana Santa

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
We're thinking of spending Semana Santa in Manresa and Montserrat, then were hoping to bus to Jaca on Easter Monday.
But now I'm wondering since it is a National Holiday if we'll find a train running?
Anybody know for sure?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I took a screenshot of what I imagine to be a whatsapp number for the ayuntamento. There is also a link to tourism on the side panel. It might do to get you started. Althought Catalan is dominant, I would be very surprised if they do not understand English. Sorry this is not for sure information, but it might help!863E8A52-65AE-4C51-9D98-49A937E690D3.png

Annie, my Catalan friend is a bit slow to reply. My Pamplona friend sys this:
I would say yes, it operates on Easter MOnday but being a feast day there it would be necessary to check timetables.... because there will probably be less services, as per buses, underground... Trains going in and out from Catalunya will probably run like on Sundays.
I will keep trying to get a local response Unless I see you have found an answer.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Annie, I got this answer (my friend had been out of circulation for some days, and not reading emails):
I have looked into the issue of transport from Barcelona to Jaca.
The bus company that makes the journey (you have to change buses) is bringing out the timetables month by month.
As of today, they say that there will be transport but they don't know.
Bus company: Alosa, phone: 974 21 07 00

I am sorry it is not more clearcut. I typed alosa bus into duckduckgo and found plenty of links, including a rome2rio link. Hope this is of help.

Three years ago (which was pre-COVID, so forever ago!), that route was covered by a combination of buses from Manresa-Lleida-Huesca-Jaca once per day in the afternoon. Each bus was crowded, so it was a needed route at that time. Similarly, schedules were only available one month at a time. Took over seven hours, but I couldn’t find anything more direct. The train route was a similar set of train transfers.

In short, if I had to do it again, I’d return to Barcelona for faster, more direct options.

Most read last week in this forum

One of my favorite websites for both food and cultural information around the world is Cultural Backstreets. As your Portuguese Camino may have you starting in or going through Porto, I though you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.