• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Many know my story....

Lee Woodhouse

Time of past OR future Camino
September 6th 2016 I get to saint Jean, I plan on staying here 2 nights as I don't get there till late on the 6th so will set off on September 8th So if anyone is in Saint Jean at this time and wants a little wine... Give me a shout!!! ;)
3 years ago I was all planned and booked to walk the camino... But before the date of setting off, my life changed for ever... My mother passed away 13 days later my father also passed away and in between this my wife left me. I have no children, no brother's or sisters... With in 13 days my life fell apart... But I got through it and well, I still haven't walked the camino but I will... And after a visit to Santiago I fell in love with the area... And I'm happy to report I have now left the UK and no live here with my dog just outside the town of Negreira which is a town on the route to Finisterre... And I finally feel and peace with my life and thought's... Only thing that would make life better would be a woman to love me and me love them back but.... Time will tell and my dog "Robbie" and I are quite happy....

So from the city of Durham and it's stunning cathedral the the city of Santiago and yet another beautiful cathedral...

Attachments

• 56119993_10156931987535446_5860057613500153856_n.jpg
    56119993_10156931987535446_5860057613500153856_n.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 69562172_10157315698335446_5099146913689632768_n.jpg
    69562172_10157315698335446_5099146913689632768_n.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 56119993_10156931987535446_5860057613500153856_n.jpg
    56119993_10156931987535446_5860057613500153856_n.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_0001 (2)11.jpg
    DSC_0001 (2)11.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_0001 (2)11.jpg
    DSC_0001 (2)11.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 177
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
3 years ago I was all planned and booked to walk the camino... But before the date of setting off, my life changed for ever... My mother passed away 13 days later my father also passed away and in between this my wife left me. I have no children, no brother's or sisters... With in 13 days my life fell apart... But I got through it and well, I still haven't walked the camino but I will... And after a visit to Santiago I fell in love with the area... And I'm happy to report I have now left the UK and no live here with my dog just outside the town of Negreira which is a town on the route to Finisterre... And I finally feel and peace with my life and thought's... Only thing that would make life better would be a woman to love me and me love them back but.... Time will tell and my dog "Robbie" and I are quite happy....

So from the city of Durham and it's stunning cathedral the the city of Santiago and yet another beautiful cathedral...
Yes, I do remember your post
What a life change for you..and you look so happy
Wishing you all the best for the future
Annette

Yes, I do remember your post
What a life change for you..and you look so happy
Wishing you all the best for the future
Annette
Thank you Annette... We are... xxx

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Oh my!

Now, you can walk as many caminos as you wish.

Glad life has fallen into place for you.

Buen camino.

Oh my!

Now, you can walk as many caminos as you wish.

Glad life has fallen into place for you.

Buen camino.
I can, but for the moment I'm just so happy to be here... It's such a special place for me...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I remember too. It is good to learn that things are positive for you. Are you thinking about walking?
The thought's of walking it never leave me as I promised my mother I would... So yes one day I will... It will be like taking a trip and then walking home...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Lee, I was not on the forum when you originally posted so never heard your story, but I can relate to a portion. I lost my parents ten days apart and even at age 43 I felt like an orphan. I lived just a mile away so spent quite a bit of time with them over the years and the loss was devastating, losing parents who loved me unconditionally.
Thankfully for me, I have a husband, two sons and four siblings, which helped immensely. I am so sorry for your losses, but it sounds like you are now doing remarkably well. May more good things be in your future and thanks for sharing your update.

Last edited:
When life closes a door to you, or several for that matter, God steps in and opens other doors to you. We also say that Santiago works in strange ways. You are proof of both “isms.”

I am glad you made it through to the other side.
Thank you

Respect to you Lee, you got through it all and you are now living where you want to be - life has a way of providing for those who enjoy it.
Thank you, all I want is peace...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Lee, I was not on the forum when you originally posted so never heard your story, but I can relate to a portion. I lost my parents ten days apart and even at age 43 I felt like an orphan. I lived just a mile away so spent quite a bit of time with them over the years and the loss was devastating, losing parents who loved me unconditionally.
Thankfully for me, I have a husband, two sons and four siblings, which helped immensely. I am so sorry for your losses, but it sounds like you are now doing remarkably well. May more good things be in your future and thanks for sharing your update.
I'm so sorry for your loss too, I do know what it's like... But I feel at peace now and i sounds odd but in one way I take comforter that my parents are together still and always xxx

Di nada, my friend. That's what we are here for...support and plenty of gratuitous advice...
For sure, this I know so well... When I first started telling my story here I was truly overwhelmed at people's kindness and heart warming messages... And you know this is another reason I have choose to live here... I find the people amazing, the culture and traditions... And it's lovely to drive into the local town and see the walks... On this part of the route being that extra push to the ocean... Well done and thank you to everyone...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Lee
Sorry to read of your losses, the Camino has a way of calling to us even if we dont actually walk it.
You seem to have found a quiet harbour and i can only wish you the time to heal and, hopefully. You will finally be able to walk the Camino past your own front door by the sounds of it all the best.
Buen Camino

Hi Lee
Sorry to read of your losses, the Camino has a way of calling to us even if we dont actually walk it.
You seem to have found a quiet harbour and i can only wish you the time to heal and, hopefully. You will finally be able to walk the Camino past your own front door by the sounds of it all the best.
Buen Camino
Yes I think your right, well it called me for sure and I'm ok... That is in the past, I have my good memories and now looking forward a better future... Thank you

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Amazing story Lee. So many things happen in life that we find hard to understand and cope with and make sense of . I’m so happy for you that you have found a place of peace on the Camino route . Are you renting a place near the beach or did you buy a property ? Was this difficult to set up ? I would love to possibly do the same at some stage so any info would be great ! I wish you well mate ! I have walked 4 times and worked as a hospitelero and I think the Camino is a true place of healing and transformation for people from all places and circumstances around world . Take care .

Amazing story Lee. So many things happen in life that we find hard to understand and cope with and make sense of . I’m so happy for you that you have found a place of peace on the Camino route . Are you renting a place near the beach or did you buy a property ? Was this difficult to set up ? I would love to possibly do the same at some stage so any info would be great ! I wish you well mate ! I have walked 4 times and worked as a hospitelero and I think the Camino is a true place of healing and transformation for people from all places and circumstances around world . Take care .
Thank you, yes it's how I feel.... Not for everyone but for me yes... I am renting at the moment and will once I am finished my teaching English course start a thing called rent to buy as I love this little house and the location is perfect for me and how much space does one person and a dog need lol x

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.