Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Map for Le Puy Route

seangm

Hi all,

I'm planning to do the Le Puy route in April/May time so I'm beginning to plan my route now. I've ordered a copy of Miam Miam Dodo 2013 but I've been told not to rely on maps in the book.

Can anyone recommend map to buy for Le Puy to St Jean?

Thanks,
Seán

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

newfydog

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Pamplona-Santiago, Le Puy- Santiago, Prague- LePuy, Menton- Toulouse, Menton- Rome, Canterbury- Lausanne, Chemin Stevenson, Voie de Vezelay
The guidebooks in French from the FFRP have very nice topo maps. Google GR 65, which is the Grande Randonne number for the route.

D

Deleted member 3000

The Miam Miam Dodo maps are actually pretty good! They are not topographic maps, but they are to scale, and show crossroads. They do not show the "big picture," though. Tobacco and news stores, often the same thing, used to have a blue colored series of Michelin maps that were great for walking and biking. They seem to have disappeared, but there may be replacements.

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Year of past OR future Camino
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-19
Maps in MMD are quite detailed for the GR65 route and about 1 km either side of it; one covers 3 or more map-pages in the course of a single day's walk (MMD is organized in two-page spreads, with a map-page facing an accommodation/services-info page). Although a topo map is a nice-to-have, it is by no means essential for walking the Le Puy route. The FFRP walking guides in French, with topo maps, are published full color on coated paper and so are a bit heavy; so there are three guides to cover the entire route Le Puy - SJPP.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads