• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Map of the Geira e dos Arrieiros

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Reading about that Caminho, I learned that there is the Roman road Via Nova XVIII in Portela do Homen called Geira with some Miliari in Lobios. Does anybody know if the Caminho follows the Roman road in the part where the Miliari are located?

Yes, the Camino follows Geira / Via Nova, an ancient Roman road that went from Braga in Portugal to Astorga in Spain and after Caldelas you'll follow this path through the national park of Peneda Geres, cross Portela do Homem border and keep going on the Spanish side. Along the way, you'll see several Miliari milestones.

I did it in June 2019 and It's an amazing Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, the Camino follows Geira / Via Nova, an ancient Roman road that went from Braga in Portugal to Astorga in Spain and after Caldelas you'll follow this path through the national park of Peneda Geres, cross Portela do Homem border and keep going on the Spanish side. Along the way, you'll see several Miliari milestones.

I did it in June 2019 and It's an amazing Camino!
Thank you for the information. Then It must be great doing the Potela do Homem pass.
Reading about this Caminho I also know that the name Terras de Bouro comes from the Germanic tribe called "the Buri" who arrived in that area with the Suevi. I hadn't heard of them before.

Yes, absolutely, all this Camino is beautiful but the part in the national park of Peneda Geres is a must for all those who love mountains. As far as I know, Buri was a small tribe that came with the Sueves settled in that region of Portugal but unlike the Sueves there are almost none archaeological vestiges of them. If you are interested in History, you shouldn't miss also the chapel of S.Frutuoso built by the Visigoths in the 7th century in the outskirts of Braga, and it's in this Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ola!

Ola Carlos. I am wondering about the accommodations. Do the hotels offer pilgrim rates?
Thanks,
Ines
I walked this caminho last year in September and found that several places offered lower pilgrim prices, but for the most part they were modest accommodations with rooms in the 30€ range. It is an absolutely beautiful caminho.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back