• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino map of the Portuguese coastal route

Helena Barysz

Time of past OR future Camino
First pilgrimage to Santiago
Does anyone know where to find the detailed map of the Portuguese coastal route? Does the route go along the coast of Vigo or through the city? Thank you in advance!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I only know the John Brearley book for the coastal route. Maybe others are available. We walked and stayed in Vigo last April/May. There are at least three variations to go in Vigo. You can follow the coast line via harbour (you can visit the cathedral and the Santiago church). Or you can go thru the city a little up on the Alto ( it's also beautiful with a large park area). Or you can follow even more inland the green arrows. They lead you to the albergue at Freixo. All these variants emerge after Vigo sooner or later and lead you to Redondela.
Hope this helps.
Bom Caminho

I am sorry that I do not have a map to provide, but when I walked through Vigo last summer on the coastal route, the yellow arrows took the route through the city, and entered the city quite a distance from the waterfront (maybe a 40 minute walk). The walk into Vigo was not bad, as a lot of it was through parkland, but it made for a pretty long day. I can't recall exactly who it was, but another member of this Forum has posted that there is a waterside trail from Nigran into Vigo that is marked by green arrows. It would take you into central Vigo along the waterfront. If I had known about that I would have taken it. I will look back at some other threads and see if I can find the original post about this.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Here is the quote I was looking for. It comes courtesy of @Albertinho:

"Another nice one is leaving Baiona. Once arriving at the bridge of Nigrán/ Ramalosa you can turn left and will find green arrows instead of yellow. The green ones lead you direction Vigo alongside the waterline and has beautifull views
The yellow ones lead you onto the albergue ,about 400 meters further on and into the hills to Vigo.
I followed the green waymarkers and enjoyed it. The green waymarked path was pointed out by the hospitalero of the albergue by the way."

If I was ever to do this route again, I would look for these green arrows.

Be careful with the terminology Helena! The coastal route isn't actually (right) on the coast. If you want to walk water-side as much as possible you will need the Senda Litoral. Check out Luis do Freixo's maps....
https://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=6153631

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What does the Wise Pilgrim-book/app say about that? Anyone?
I ordered the book only this evening.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back