• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Map SJPP

Lora

Hello all;

I just spent an hour on the internet trying to obtain tourist map of SJPP, with no luck. I know that they give you one when you register at the Pilgrim Office, but first I need to get there from the train station, so that doesn't help me.

Does anyone have this info, and/or can anyone tell me how to find the Pilgrim Office from the train station. I expect there will be lots of pilgrims around to ask, but just in case...... :) :arrow:

Blessings,
Lora

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Lora,

...can anyone tell me how to find the Pilgrim Office from the train station.

U can get the simple, helpful, map, for the walk SJ-Roncesvaux, at the albergue at SJ. This refugio is a nice, exciting, walk, from the train station at SJ; even late at night I've always found people to direct me to it.

Best,

xm 8)

Here is a link with a plan :

http://www.viamichelin.com/

Once on the site go in the maps section, input the info. Once in the map of the region click on the +zoom and you will get to a plan showing streets, rail station etc...

When leaving the station go straight ahead to go to the walls of the old city, go in and what you are looking for is on Rue de la Citadelle.
You cannot miss it.

Buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks Ulysse, you are a real gem :!:

Six more sleeps, oh god.......exciting and scary all at the same time.

Blessings,
Lora

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you everyone, just goes to show you are never alone on the Camino. I appreciate all the responses, and most of all the support. I'm beginning to believe that the planning and logistics are sometimes the hardest part of the camino :!:

Once I start, everything will just flow as it is meant to and the camino will do it's magic. In trying to figure out all the details, I was beginning to loose sight of why I was called to this journey..

In gratitude,
Lora

Buen camino Lora,

This brings back so many memories.

The long wait at Paris CdeG airport, the first supper at StJPdeP, the first morning on the road, the first steep climb after Hunto, the albergue at Orisson, the descent to Roncesvalles, Zubiri, Pamplona, vineyards for ever, the beauty of Burgos, the hot Meseta, dusty Sahagun, wonderful Leon, the hurricane at O Cebreiro, the cows of Galicia, the tons of apples in the streets, the small churches, the roman roads, the arrival in Santiago... and above all hundreds of people met and thousands of "buen camino" exchanged....

Wish I can go again one day.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Lora said:
Six more sleeps, oh god.......exciting and scary all at the same time.
Lora

When I was feeling very scared the night before heading off on a cycling tour by myself last year, my French friend gave me a big hug and told me my guardian angel would look after me. I am not even sure if I believe in angels, but the powerful wishes from my friend helped me. I would like to pass along the hug and hope your guardian angel looks after you too! All the best, and we all look forward to hearing more about your exploits.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.