• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Map

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi all,

Is there one map which outlines all the towns/cities along this route? It makes highlighting my proposed stops alot easier.

Thanks again,
Sonia
:)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Detailed maps suitable for walking seem to have disappeared completely in Spain. I checked dozens of magazine, smoke, and book stores over nearly two months in quite a few towns and cities. No one has maps anymore for anything other than autos. You may be able to find maps on the internet. The Michelin maps are very good, but the walking series may not be in print anymore.

The Brierley map book is lightweight. You can pick your own end points and ignore his. Accommodations are added almost monthly, so it is never quite current; but it is as good as it gets for an English guidebook. The German books probably are best, but they fall behind as fast as Brierley.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Sil, thanks for the link. The link helps with planning my daily stops/kms/elevation levels. I'm trying to locate a map I can pin on my wall as I'm a visual creature.

Falcon, I'm walking the Le Puy route. Is the Brierley map book for this route?

Thanks again guys, as always, much appreciated

Cheers,
Sonia
:)

Two years ago the Michelin blue maps for walking were still available in tobacco/news stores. It takes five or six of them for the Le Puy route. The Miam Miam Dodo guide is the best one for this route. It is in French. You can get it from amazon.fr or at the cathedral in Le Puy. The maps have little detail and topography, but the information on accommodations is superb.

The Godesalco site will give you a printable profile map with all the places in between start and St Jean.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Grayland, the map pinned to my wall is the Michelan Southern France 2008 National 725. I found it in one of my drawers, haha! I forgot I had it until today.

I purchased the map from a store in Sydney. Unfortunately the store has since closed down.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back