Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Best lightweight guides
Best lightweight guides for before and after your Camino, just 1.4 oz (40 grams)!

Mapping Apps for Video

jeanineonthecamino

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2021, 2022
So for all the video making techies - What apps do you use to turn your days journey into a cool map for sharing in a video? You know - the ones that trace your route for others to see what you did. Not just a drawn image, or a line on the map - but a moving marker showing where you started and ended for the day. Bonus if it can include pictures or other video footage with the map. I would like to post something quick and easy to my facebook page this year. I do track my walk with my apple watch and the health app - so it would be nice if the app used that since I already plan to record my walk that way. But - not a deal breaker if it doesn't work with my apple watch (as long as the app is iphone compatible).

What do you use? What cool things does the app do that you like? So far I know of Relive (just downloaded yesterday) - but I have seen better versions out there - just don't know what app is being used! For Relive - is the paid version much better than the free version? I don't mind paying for an app if the app is worth it - but there is an annual/monthly fee which makes me more reluctant. And won't use the free trial until I am ready to leave if I go that route.

What else is out there?

Camino Creative Credencial Workshop
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Dennis Pack

Member since 2017
Past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago Norte 2018
I used the free version of Relive until I went on my Camino ... I found the paid version worth the cost (something like $70/year), and it does integrate with several other systems. Only took me a few minutes a day to put the video together.
However, I did find myself thinking about photos I was going to take for the app ... and I think it took a lot away from my Camino experience.

Past OR future Camino
27/09/2018
I used the free version of Relive until I went on my Camino ... I found the paid version worth the cost (something like $70/year), and it does integrate with several other systems. Only took me a few minutes a day to put the video together.
However, I did find myself thinking about photos I was going to take for the app ... and I think it took a lot away from my Camino experience.
Hi Did you find this app was hard on your phones battery ? Thanks

LavanyaLea

Past OR future Camino
Future (May/June 2022)
So for all the video making techies - What apps do you use to turn your days journey into a cool map for sharing in a video? You know - the ones that trace your route for others to see what you did. Not just a drawn image, or a line on the map - but a moving marker showing where you started and ended for the day. Bonus if it can include pictures or other video footage with the map. I would like to post something quick and easy to my facebook page this year. I do track my walk with my apple watch and the health app - so it would be nice if the app used that since I already plan to record my walk that way. But - not a deal breaker if it doesn't work with my apple watch (as long as the app is iphone compatible).

What do you use? What cool things does the app do that you like? So far I know of Relive (just downloaded yesterday) - but I have seen better versions out there - just don't know what app is being used! For Relive - is the paid version much better than the free version? I don't mind paying for an app if the app is worth it - but there is an annual/monthly fee which makes me more reluctant. And won't use the free trial until I am ready to leave if I go that route.

What else is out there?

Yes, it is Relive. Used to pair with Strava but not anymore. My watch is Suunto and Relive works with Suunto. I’m only using the free version so there is a limit as to how many photos I can add to the journeys and the music selection is awful (I think only 2 options) so most of the time I chose no music.

It is very easy to use on the go, when you’re on the move. And leave proper video editing when you’re at home with laptop etc…

I don’t find it drains my battery more than other apps do. I’ve found when out hiking in nature it’s better to put my phone on airplane mode to save battery, otherwise it would keep trying to find 3G/4G/5G receptions and that is what kills my battery.

Past OR future Camino
27/09/2018
Yes, it is Relive. Used to pair with Strava but not anymore. My watch is Suunto and Relive works with Suunto. I’m only using the free version so there is a limit as to how many photos I can add to the journeys and the music selection is awful (I think only 2 options) so most of the time I chose no music.

It is very easy to use on the go, when you’re on the move. And leave proper video editing when you’re at home with laptop etc…

I don’t find it drains my battery more than other apps do. I’ve found when out hiking in nature it’s better to put my phone on airplane mode to save battery, otherwise it would keep trying to find 3G/4G/5G receptions and that is what kills my battery.
Thanks that is very helpful

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Past OR future Camino
Various Portuguese caminhos
Volunteer
I used Motion but I am an Apple Mac addict.
to me a Windows computer is not stabile enough to make video and audio productions

jeanineonthecamino

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2021, 2022
I used Motion but I am an Apple Mac addict.
to me a Windows computer is not stabile enough to make video and audio productions
Yeah - I don't have a Mac - but use other apple products. The nice thing about Relive is the video is created in an app on your phone - so easy to make while walking and no access to my computer. Is Motion available as an app? Or just on the computer?

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads