A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Maps offline for camino Norte from Santander.

Jennifleur

Camino(s) past & future
Starting in Santander walking Camino Norte...
Hi there..any recommendations for maps or google to use on phone when offline between Santander and Luarka approx.... or even are paper maps available anywhere? What are people using.....??

Suzanne S.

Camino(s) past & future
(2015) Camino Frances/Muxia/Fisterre (2017) Caminho Portuguese/Fisterre
(2019) Camino del Norte
Hi there..any recommendations for maps or google to use on phone when offline between Santander and Luarka approx.... or even are paper maps available anywhere? What are people using.....??
I'm in Villavisiosa today and have been using the Buen Camino app with very good success since Irun. You purchase the del Norte maps and download the over WiFi.

Not perfect...but really close!!!

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
We used the Cicerone Guide to the Northern Caminos, but I see that Ivar (who runs this forum) has a few others for sale here

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I use the Buen Camino app. Its offline maps work very well, plus they show points of interest describe alternate paths and show albergues.

jerbear

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
Maps.me also buen camino.

MikeJS

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2011), Norte (12), VdlP (16). Sureste/Invierno (17). Olvidado/San Salvador/Primitivo (19)
Wikiloc also offers offline maps and as it alerts you if you drift off track it is an excellent guide as you do not have to keep looking at the phone!

Camino(s) past & future
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
Note: Maps.me can only use GPS files in the kmz or kml formats, not the gpx format. A similar app, OSMand, is the opposite. They both use the same data to display the base map though so you see the same roads, etc. Both can use downloaded base maps.

Although I use about 4 or 5 GPS apps I recommend Maps.me for use by GPS newbies as it has a simple interface.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock