• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Maps

bjlawrence

Hi

We are going to do the route from Ferrol to Santiago this summer. We are used to walking with 1:25000 maps but are having difficulty in locating them.
Maps worldwide gave me a link to a Spanish site http://www.tienaverde.es/mapasesp/es/mapas.php?lang=es . I am sure it is helpful but I cannot make out what map numbers would correspond to the route. I have gathered that there are 4 maps per square shown so I think we will need quite a few for the route but could anyone who knows the route let me know which numbers we will need.
I know that most pilgrims will not use such detailed maps but we would be much happier with them
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Julie

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I think you mean tiendaverde.es ("green shop") and if you use lang=en you get it in English ;-)

You will indeed need quite a few for the whole route, though in the northern part it's on the join of the maps, so some are only briefly used, which seems rather a waste of money. I would have thought you're better off downloading the 1:50,000 ones - viewtopic.php?t=1937 - and printing out the bits you need, though I'm afraid none of them mark the route of the Camino Ingles.

Well, I know it's not what you are looking for, but I would suggest you to visit http://www.amigosdelcamino.com /caminos/Camino Ingles, where pilgrim Fernando Pazos has written about this Camino, with maps, and a lot of useful telephone numbers. Is spanish but ... I hope you like it!

Buen Camino,

Javier MartĂ­n
Madrid, Spain

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Maps again

Hi

Thanks for your help.
I found another post from PeterRobins giving details of a site where we can download 1:50000 maps and even more use a good site where we can discover the numbers of the maps. Unfotunately I am now ready to go ahaed and I have lost his post. I tried to contact Peter direct but it only seems to go to my outbax not my sent box.
I am a computer illiterate!

Thanks again

Julie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back