Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Maps

A

AJ

I hope to do this route in August. What maps are available. Have people used maps at all? I do not use GPS. Thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I hope to do this route in August. What maps are available. Have people used maps at all? I do not use GPS. Thanks

I forgot to print out the maps before I went (!) so I did it without, last year. I don't use GPS either. Waymarks are frequent. But there are always places where you could get confused, I mean, on any Camino. And I did sometimes. Print out guides and/or maps from: Mundicamino or Eroski. BUT there is a member on this Forum, Peregrina 2000 (Laurie) who has made an updated guide for 2016 with help from other members. It's the one at the top of this very page. It's the one most up-to-date so far!

/BP

AJ: I found some exceptional detailed maps of the Camino Frances on the internet. I printed them out in high definition color and then had them laminated at a local copy store. Each map is two sided, about 6 inches by 3 inches. I have 5 maps to cover the distance from Astorga to Santiago on the Camino Frances.

This is my third time on the Camino, and I found that maps were lacking each and every time. The Brierly book was cumbersome to open and carry, and I really didn't need the verbiage, only the maps. I now have an easy reference point I can carry when walking. We are again walking from Astorga to Santiago with family members on September 1 this year.

Buen Camino - Steve

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There's another thread that I posted on here a couple of months ago, titled Useful Website about the Camino de Invierno. It's got good maps and photos. But you can't go wrong with Laurie's up-to-date version of the Camino Guide. Some of us have also posted our notes in other threads.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back