• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Maps!

Bridget and Peter

Time of past OR future Camino
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
Horray, I have maps!

I ordered them from La Tienda Verde, scale 1:50,000 mapas topograficos Nacional de Espana, numbers 45, 70 and 95 which take us from the edge of A Coruna to the outskirts of Santiago on the Camino Ingles.

They cost 4 euros each with 7,60 postage, and took maybe a week to arrive. They are smaller than the OS equivalent, shinier paper. Easier to read than the french ones, although Peter who is having trouble with his vari-focals will struggle, I can see the detail all right!

Now I have to be very disciplined - I will put them beside my bed, and print off all the posts about variations on the route and paths beside rivers etc, and leave it till bedtime to get engrossed.

Not only is the wedding only 9 days away, but two days ago the bride gave us a scare (? placenta problem?) and we had to rush her to the maternity hospital. Fortunately the baby (27 weeks) is fine and growing well, but Daisy is still is hospital in case anything else happens. If all is well she should be home today.

So we are going ahead with all the wedding preparations, including the fourth bridesmaid's dress which she had not completed, and keeping our fingers crossed that we will actually have a wedding on 28th!

So the maps will be a nice treat to relax with. Of course, if things are uncertain about the pregnancy on March 2nd we will be postponing our Camino Ingles, but it will still be there whenever!!

Whew!Life is full of surprises. Sometime 'walking' in a relaxed manner is more aspirational than achievable!!

Bridget

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back