• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

March/April 2020

Romalban

Time of past OR future Camino
2019 Camino Portugal
We are planning on walking from Lisbon to Santiago during these two months. Can anyone tell me is it a good time weather wise and is accomadation open.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We are planning on walking from Lisbon to Santiago during these two months. Can anyone tell me is it a good time weather wise and is accomadation open.
I would leave it until at least the middle of May.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What is the reason is it weather/accomadation? Also have you done the walk and if so when.
Sorry, I meant for weather reasons. I did the walk in May this year (15th to 25th) from Valença do Minho to SdC, taking 'spiritual variant' alternative route just after Pontevedra. I live in Spain (Madrid) and I have a cousin who lives in Pontevedra, so I am quite familiar with the weather patterns. Obviously, predicting weather is unreliable. It was actually very warm the previous week or so, and local taxi driver in Redondela told me about people suffering in the heat the previous week. The week we started it had cooled down and there was occasionally light rain on a couple of days for a couple hours (poncho on / poncho off type walks). Prior to that it was cold and wet - hence my suggestion to wait until May.
We never had any problems with finding accommodation (we stayed mainly in pensions and budget hotels), except on arrival at Redondela that was full everywhere due to annual international puppet convention. We were directed by tourist office to a pension at the edge of the estuary at Cesantes (beautiful location with an unusual fusion restaurant just below the pension called Regato) and lovely waterside to dip your feet in on arrival.

I am gonna walk the Portugues in February. Looking forward to it! Also the challenge about weather, albergues etc. And knowing in front...it's gonna be allright :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back